Question for you honda people

Brooksie365

Worcester, Ma
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey guys my name is Bryan. I am from Mass. I am a locomotive technician. I just recently upgraded from my 2003 accord exl to a 2012 civic si with 8000 miles on it. I have had the car for around 4 days and i am in love with it. I was nervous buying a car like this used but was comforted by the honda used certification it received. I was looking closer at the pictures on the dealers website, and just realized the car has changed a bit from those pictures. In the pictures the car has the red honda symbols and all the windows are tinted. I also noticed that the dealer tag is in a different spot. My question is regarding weather or not they remove those things during the certification process, and how good is that process? Or do most dealer just have default pictures for cars like this? The tires are in good shape and not rough on the edges at all.
Thanks in advance

You might be able to see some haze around the back one. There is quite a bit of glue behind the red ones which would have been hard to get off. The stock ones show the paint through the hollow spots.

Welcome to the forum by the way. You'll love the car.

yea that is a good point. they did a hell of a job detailing this thing, every thing is spotless. And thank you i have been on a lot of forum sites for all my toys. most sites are full of morons and most seem very knowledgable here.

Welcome......... I'm not sure what this dunce cap on my avatar is for though.......

In the pictures the car has the red honda symbols and all the windows are tinted. I also noticed that the dealer tag is in a different spot. My question is regarding weather or not they remove those things during the certification process, and how good is that process?

welcome to the site. If you're talking about red emblems like this -
sHCAu6g.jpg
....those are aftermarket. The original owner would have put the on. I'm guessing the dealership just wanted to put it back to looking original. Dealer tags - maybe they moved the plate around, I'm not sure what you're referring to? Pics?

the honda certified warranty -

The certification process includes:
  • An exhaustive 150-point mechanical and appearance inspection, performed by the dealer, to ensure that each vehicle meets Honda Certified Used Cars standards
  • Honda-trained technicians scrutinize all major vehicle systems, including brakes, engine, drivetrain, steering, suspension, tires, wheels, exhaust system and vehicle interior and exterior
  • Dealer technicians recondition any component that does not meet our standards
  • Any component that cannot be reconditioned is replaced with Genuine Honda parts
  • Up-to-date scheduled maintenance services
===
warranty info - http://automobiles.honda.com/certified-used/warranty.aspx

welcome to the site. If you're talking about red emblems like this -
sHCAu6g.jpg
....those are aftermarket. The original owner would have put the on. I'm guessing the dealership just wanted to put it back to looking original. Dealer tags - maybe they moved the plate around, I'm not sure what you're referring to? Pics?

the honda certified warranty -

The certification process includes:
  • An exhaustive 150-point mechanical and appearance inspection, performed by the dealer, to ensure that each vehicle meets Honda Certified Used Cars standards
  • Honda-trained technicians scrutinize all major vehicle systems, including brakes, engine, drivetrain, steering, suspension, tires, wheels, exhaust system and vehicle interior and exterior
  • Dealer technicians recondition any component that does not meet our standards
  • Any component that cannot be reconditioned is replaced with Genuine Honda parts
  • Up-to-date scheduled maintenance services
===

warranty info - http://automobiles.honda.com/certified-used/warranty.aspx
For the car to be certified under the Honda Certified Used Car program, just about anything non-OEM does need to be changed back to stock. because of that requirement, the dealership i used to work at wouldn't bother certifying cars that were significantly modified from stock. it would cost more money to certify such cars under Honda's program than any benefit certifying the car would provide in terms of extra profit.

Back