question on magnetic drain pan plug/bolt

The drain plug sets from skunk2 includes both engine and transmission drain plugs. so which one is for engine? the one with the longer protruding magnetic rod or the shorter?
for current need, the oil plug is enough. transmission fluid service will be due far at 60k miles.

WaXEsDR.jpg

the d-i-y article says the torque for oil filter is 9 ft-lbs, but I did not find this number on the manual..
I think the instructions of the oil filter is " to tight 3/4 of a turn after the seal contacts", but when does the seal contact?
is there a definite torque for oil filter?
the link in the thread is now dead, but it's supposedly 8.7 ft pounds
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2807018

I guess snapon made a tool specifically for the honda oil filters

the link in the thread is now dead, but it's supposedly 8.7 ft pounds
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2807018

I guess snapon made a tool specifically for the honda oil filters

Thanks for information.
I bought a honda oil filter wrench from the website in my previous post.
I found other references that say 16 ft lbs or even 22 ft lbs... Overtightening a bit here should not be a big problem, since the manual did not highlight the exact number.

Manual says follow info on filter. Filter says 3/4 turn after gasket contact.

Personally I've never heard of people using a torque wrench when installing an oil filter but I'm no expert.
I can see why Honda has torque specs for most nuts and bolts on the car. That covers them when people over or under tighten things and try to claim repairs under warranty I would think.

Personally I've never heard of people using a torque wrench when installing an oil filter but I'm no expert.
I can see why Honda has torque specs for most nuts and bolts on the car. That covers them when people over or under tighten things and try to claim repairs under warranty I would think.

yes, in addition to engineering reasons, warranty surely is a factor in their concern

Back