r18 exhaust

nat3d

Wait, I don't drive a civic anymore....
Adams MA
Vehicle Model
Ford Focus ST
Body Style
Hatch
hey guys im looking for a full cat back for my lx coupe and just have a couple questions. first will i see any significant gains over my 8th gen axleback. and second anyone know of one that ends in a smaller tip? (like the takeda one) i hate fart cans

Hmmm...just found this:

"Horsepower and torque increased by 7 – 10%"

Rated at 140hp and 128tq at the crank. Anybody know what the horsepower is at the wheels for an R18?

Last edited:
ummm i thought we pushed 140 stock lol

Nevermind. It is off on wikipedia due to a conversion from a mathematical calculation that I am not comfortable messing with.

Updated. Went off wikipedia instead of going straight to Honda's site. Heading there now to fix it!
lol maybe thats why i got C's in high school when i copied off of wikipedia

lol maybe thats why i got C's in high school when i copied off of wikipedia

I would always use it as a starting point for research for college classes, but I would make sure to go down to the sources cited and follow those links.

The Tsudo catback is a decent one many people have and like. It dosen't sound ricey at all, but its pretty big. Idk about specifics but ive noticed gain, especially down low.

The Tsudo catback is a decent one many people have and like. It dosen't sound ricey at all, but its pretty big. Idk about specifics but ive noticed gain, especially down low.
yeah im looking for something that dosent look aftermarket or TOO aftermarket because 2 of my friends have been flagged for illegal mods i dont feel like being the 3rd lol

yeah im looking for something that dosent look aftermarket or TOO aftermarket because 2 of my friends have been flagged for illegal mods i dont feel like being the 3rd lol

Thats pretty harsh!

tinted tails, loud exhaust that kind of stuff

I know there were a few stock R18 8th gen dyno runs done.... I can't find them currently but most people were looking at around 115-120whp and around the same for wtq. The 140hp is the rating at the crank. Guys with full bolt-ons were getting close to 150whp.

One of the early R18 turbo guys was only hitting 180whp. That was a lot of $$ for stock Si #'s. It's sort of the reason the Jackson Racing R18 supercharger is such a good deal. You get in that 180 range for about $4k on stock exhaust/cams/"header"/etc! Just need the ECU reflash to become available or Hondata.

tinted tails, loud exhaust that kind of stuff

I assume it is based off of a decibel reading? Either way, keep the old exhaust, put it back on after you get the ticket, then go to court and contest it by telling them to take a reading!

Megan Racing makes a catback for the R18. The tip isn't a can like the Tsudo, but it's dual...

I know there were a few stock R18 8th gen dyno runs done.... I can't find them currently but most people were looking at around 115-120whp and around the same for wtq. The 140hp is the rating at the crank. Guys with full bolt-ons were getting close to 150whp.

One of the early R18 turbo guys was only hitting 180whp. That was a lot of $$ for stock Si #'s. It's sort of the reason the Jackson Racing R18 supercharger is such a good deal. You get in that 180 range for about $4k on stock exhaust/cams/"header"/etc! Just need the ECU reflash to become available or Hondata.

f/i makes me nervous i dont wana pop my engine on my brand new car. what i think my plan is is to do full bolt ons to hit that 150 ish mark then after i have it paid off boost it.

Back