DIY R18 P2R Throttle body Spacer

levin acierto

Excuse my first DIY...had trouble installing this myself since it was small space when it comes to the r18 engine

follow robs DIY for TBS gasket so you dont get the check gas cap light on u iMID. this is a must.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/r18-p2r-tbs-with-gasket-installation-tips.9871/

First up take off this tube off your intake so you can take off the top half of the intake. It pulls right off
de5jsz.sized.jpg

Next take the this screw out so u can pull the intake off the rubber tubbing. just a small philipps should be fine.
243exdu.sized.jpg

Now remove the intake clips and pull of MAF sensor on top of the box. shown in previous photo..that wire thats hanging on top. its going take some effort to pull this off but be careful. The rear is just a clip on to the box.
k3wwzp.sized.jpg

now use some pliers of some sort to hold down the clip and pull this hose off the TBS
2qtkgwj.sized.jpg

Now take the four 12mm bolts of the TB and the TB should be able to pop out.
2qn8d50.sized.jpg

when you take it off it should look like this with the TB hanging...
2gtpuhg.sized.jpg

now install in this order
put TBS then Gasket in that order then TB. notice the cut i made by following ROBs DIY. i used a exact o knife and a dremel to be easier.
2yn0a3k.sized.jpg

nnwawx.jpg

Reverse all the installation and your good to go...torque at 20lbs for the TB bolts.

First part wasnt necessary I was also following DIY and I didnt even take off the bottom part of the intake lol. Its alot smaller space to deal with but was voiding to take out as much things possible.

Back