Racing intake manifold ???

SpikedJoker

Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si. Coupe
Hello fellow gear heads and Honda junkies. I have a 9th Gen civic k24 I want to put a new intake manifold on and I'd prefer skunk2 but the ultra series I found isn't listed as it fitting and sk2 tech says it interferes with the water pump. I don't see how. Anyway, does anyone have any ideas on a better fit or a way to modify the set up to use the ultra series intake with the spacer? Its going to be a long while before I add boost and I'd like to get the most out of my all motor set up for now. Thanks 20160116_180657.jpg

I'm accumulating parts before I install the header intake cat and throttle body with spaces and maybe new fuel system and a tune. But I need to find the parts to use or be prepared for the ones I use if it needs extra attention and doesn't bolt on easy peasy

Did you read the blog? You understand you will have relatively significant hp/tq losses in the normal operating range until you get high into the rpm range?

Well ballocks... so I need to think of some way to counter act this.. I don't wanna go Nos so would increased fuel flow work I wonder.. guess I new to look into this further..thanks.

That is after tuning, so adding more fuel will not help. He's said similar things about larger throttle bodies. He said the stock is fine like past 600hp or something (maybe more ...I'd have to look for his post) without restricting things. He said upgrading them is a waste.

Then I suppose I'll finish with ignition and exhaust first... no way I make 600 without boost

Back