REALLY light clutch?

hwasa

Long Beach, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Today I drove my car to school as usual and everything was as good as ever. I got in to go home and for some reason my clutch feels extremely light. Shifts also feel as if I'm not even shifting (butter smooth) even if I intentionally try to shift bad (tried to see if I was just imaging it). Steering also feels a bit light but it might just be placebo effect. Any ideas? Car has 8600 miles. Thanks

You are overreacting. My clutch has been butter soft since the day I bought it.

It's probably just because things are warming up. Clutch and shifts are stiffer when it's cold.

The clutch pedal is very soft on these cars in general. I have noticed though that in really cold weather the shifter is more notchy until the car fully warms up.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the operating temperature of the transmission fluid. I imagine just like engine oil it is designed to flow and lubricate best within an operating temperature window.

Today I drove my car to school as usual and everything was as good as ever. I got in to go home and for some reason my clutch feels extremely light. Shifts also feel as if I'm not even shifting (butter smooth) even if I intentionally try to shift bad (tried to see if I was just imaging it). Steering also feels a bit light but it might just be placebo effect. Any ideas? Car has 8600 miles. Thanks
Yea this is normal. It just temperature change

My clutch has been kinda stiff all winter until I moved into an apartment with heated underground parking. I noticed the first morning at the new place that my clutch was very light and buttery, cause it's always near operating temp now

Back