Reflash vs custom VitTune

VitViper

1556413_1482408115304191_7792333917180123792_o.png

Keith's 9th gen -- with just a custom CAI. Not a bad gain for a tune :)

@webby I thought that was stock vs custome tune, so does that mean our cars are still making around 160 hp with just a hondata reflash? Im confused I thought we made 160hp stock?

@webby I thought that was stock vs custome tune, so does that mean our cars are still making around 160 hp with just a hondata reflash? Im confused I thought we made 160hp stock?

No, that is a CAI with Reflash and a CAI with Vit's custom tune. Depending on the car/dyno, stock WHP is between 160-170.

@squiggy ok cause I have and injen cai and full race catback on hondatas reflash basemap, im just curious to what my whp is currently before I buy a tune from vit?

@squiggy ok cause I have and injen cai and full race catback on hondatas reflash basemap, im just curious to what my whp is currently before I buy a tune from vit?

Honestly, the Injen most likely isn't making any additional power at all. The catback will probably add around 10-15 horse.

ok I just got my Flashpro tonight, I was pretty much running blind, I did watch a youtube video while trying to get things figured out... first of all you have to activate your Flashpro by plugging it into your Laptop and running Flashpro Manager and activating it online, and locking it to your car(it can see your VIN, OBD2 port is amazing!). you then make a new Map, starts out with your car, year, engine and tranny. Then you have a bunch of things such as intake, exhaust, injectors etc that you have to manage through a pull down menu(technically you are making your own custom map), you then upload your map to your Flashpro. Then you just flash your ECU with Flashpro. Generally its still a rough tune, I really don't see anything out of the ordinary when it comes to problems. But as already mentioned, Vit does a fine tune, but the tune you can make for your car isn't bad. Since I have a pretty free flowing intake and exhaust in the first place, I get the "putt putt putt" when decelerating, after a rough tune, it helps a lot, partial throttle has a little more pickup, definitely idles much smoother/quieter/better. seems to spinout a little more in first gear, before traction control worked better, its almost as if traction control is enabled differently. keep in mind mine is an R18, but generally speaking my car definitely runs better with bolt ons now. and judging from the gas usage gauge it sucks more back now under throttle. But I can't see it making any difference for me since I'm just a granny driver. the R18 is limited by its injector size, 185cc/160HP, R18 and K24 have the same fuel system and rails too, good for up to 300hp??? I remember a time the civic came with a fuel system good for up to 400hp, they are getting cheap on us. sadly tho you'll need a custom tune to up your red line..... for me I can see me having my civic in another 10 years from now, so I don't consider it a waste of money if in fact it does make my car run better, the only disadvantage is before I could just let the clutch pedal out a little and ease into moving forward, now I seem to have to put more gas into it, or it wants to stall... same idea as driving a lopy idling muscle car, little more finesse to get er moving... and yes my civic is a Canadian domestic vehicle, same as a US, both are north American, except I have a 5 speed sedan, and in 2012 the US didn't offer a EX sedan with a 5 speed, but I actually regret getting a manual, getting too old to change gears.... lol

ok I just got my Flashpro tonight, I was pretty much running blind, I did watch a youtube video while trying to get things figured out... first of all you have to activate your Flashpro by plugging it into your Laptop and running Flashpro Manager and activating it online, and locking it to your car(it can see your VIN, OBD2 port is amazing!). you then make a new Map, starts out with your car, year, engine and tranny. Then you have a bunch of things such as intake, exhaust, injectors etc that you have to manage through a pull down menu(technically you are making your own custom map), you then upload your map to your Flashpro. Then you just flash your ECU with Flashpro. Generally its still a rough tune, I really don't see anything out of the ordinary when it comes to problems. But as already mentioned, Vit does a fine tune, but the tune you can make for your car isn't bad. Since I have a pretty free flowing intake and exhaust in the first place, I get the "putt putt putt" when decelerating, after a rough tune, it helps a lot, partial throttle has a little more pickup, definitely idles much smoother/quieter/better. seems to spinout a little more in first gear, before traction control worked better, its almost as if traction control is enabled differently. keep in mind mine is an R18, but generally speaking my car definitely runs better with bolt ons now. and judging from the gas usage gauge it sucks more back now under throttle. But I can't see it making any difference for me since I'm just a granny driver. the R18 is limited by its injector size, 185cc/160HP, R18 and K24 have the same fuel system and rails too, good for up to 300hp??? I remember a time the civic came with a fuel system good for up to 400hp, they are getting cheap on us. sadly tho you'll need a custom tune to up your red line..... for me I can see me having my civic in another 10 years from now, so I don't consider it a waste of money if in fact it does make my car run better, the only disadvantage is before I could just let the clutch pedal out a little and ease into moving forward, now I seem to have to put more gas into it, or it wants to stall... same idea as driving a lopy idling muscle car, little more finesse to get er moving... and yes my civic is a Canadian domestic vehicle, same as a US, both are north American, except I have a 5 speed sedan, and in 2012 the US didn't offer a EX sedan with a 5 speed, but I actually regret getting a manual, getting too old to change gears.... lol
So you made your own tune, or vit tuned you? I'm confused by your post.

I just did a generic tune of my own, picked the parts then saved it to my flashpro then flashed my ECU.. but I did pay for a Vittune, but haven't used it yet until I get my catless downpipe installed... sorry for the confusion... lol

but I think flashpro manager has changed a lot over the past few years, because the videos on the hondata website are obsolete compared to what hoops I had to jump through.... luckily I can partially figure things out for myself... its a simple procedure, but there are no clear instructions out there... lol

I know I'm resurrecting a year+ post but I'm now saving to get DP/ exhaust for my 2015 and want to know is it possible to just go to a local shop and have them tune it to run right. My future plans are just to have bolt ons for now. I feel like it's a waste of money/ overkill in my case to get a flash pro. Thanks

I know I'm resurrecting a year+ post but I'm now saving to get DP/ exhaust for my 2015 and want to know is it possible to just go to a local shop and have them tune it to run right. My future plans are just to have bolt ons for now. I feel like it's a waste of money/ overkill in my case to get a flash pro. Thanks
You need flashpro or ktuner for a shop to be able to tune the car.

Doing a custom etune or an in person tune is always the best scenario. After spending years working with tuners on my turbocharged cars, it's very eye opening how different one car can be from another. One piece of advice I can offer is do not settle for the off the shelf tunes and do your research before working with any specific tuners. It appears that Vit is the man when it comes to the Si...so I'm looking to work with him on my car.

Back