Regrets buying 2012

Cmerollin

I am kicking myself for not bargaining for a lower price on my civic lx. I got it for 16K but should have went lower. Comparing 2012 and 2013 I wish I could have just gotten the 2013 at a higher price. With all the upgrades it would have been worth the extra cash. So much prettier as well. I should have only bought the 2012 if the price was at 15K as opposed to 16K. Live and learn eh?

Buying a car today is such a process. There is so much available information that helps a buyer know what they can expect. Beyond that is bargaining with a salesman to get the "one you want."

You never know how much more you could have saved, and most of the time it's being in the right place at the right time. Of course, hindsight is 20/20.

Don't feel too bad. You've got a great, new car. Enjoy it, and have fun with it. :wavey:

Yeah you're totally right, hindsight is most def 20/20. Thanks for the encouragement, I am craving it! hehe.

Welcome... To parrot Kenny, Any time we look at the price of something we've already bought we're going to find it cheaper, also when looking at newer models they're going to be a little fresher or they'd never sale new ones. Buy it 'cause you like it and don't look back.

Yeah I def did not buy it because I liked it. More like my mother pushed me to buy it because she wanted to make sure I had a reliable car. Actually when I first saw it, I was like wow the older civic looks so much better, and I told myself I would never want it. And a year later here I am with one :P Funny how things end. The 2013 looks amazing. I could definitely see myself in that car and loving it. Next time I shall listen to my heart and go with my instincts rather than noises and distractions elsewhere :D Ahh well I will come to love my car I am sure. Yay for 2012 Civics!

Nice thing about the Civics of any year you can mod it. Don't like the bumper? Change it. Don't like the grill? Change it.

The resources and parts for it are amazing. I've seen some highly modded older Civics that are amazing to look at and enjoy.

Yes, that's a very good point. I've already started to look at some mods for my car. I'll take it one step at a time. Thanks for the assurance, Darkk.

I was sorta in the same camp with the car. I never thought I would have purchased a Civic Si. But for the price, reliability, and overall build quality, I am very happy with my purchase. You got your car at a great price, and I'm sure you'll be able to do some DIY "upgrades" on your 2012. For instance, someone has already done the sliding armrest upgrade in their 2012, and from the looks of it, it didn't break the bank.

All in all, it's completely normal to feel the way you do, but in the end, be assured by many of us that you have a great car that will be good to you for many, many years.

Everyone can have a little bit of "I wish..." after they purchase anything. Focus on the positives that have been stated above. You have a new car, it is very reliable and fun to drive, and you can mod a lot of things with it. I just purchased mine a week ago and am making a list of things I want to do. I love the car as is, but also want to make it unique for me. The hard part will be to pace myself and not break the bank buying mods. :D

Dang I am so glad that I posted my regret of buying the car. You all have made this a lot less painful for me. Thanks all for the positive feedback. I am starting to love my car simply for its simplicity :P. Good stuff, thanks everyone.

djax, good to know that I'm not alone and that it's normal to feel the way I do. Yeah I am planning to take really good care of my car. I am hoping it will last me 20 years and I'm sure it will! Only thing I am afraid of is the computer malfunctioning? I wonder if Honda has its computer system well built to last many years to come? But yeah, I am definitely one to get attached to things, so I see myself growing to really love the car.

Varoga, yes that's what I want to do, make it unique for me. I want to make mine cute n girly. I am not quite sure how I'm going to pull that off. I started off with buying a hibiscus flower air freshener from Walmart :P And I am already starting to love my car even more because of that. Simple things I guess make me happy.

Dang I am so glad that I posted my regret of buying the car. You all have made this a lot less painful for me. Thanks all for the positive feedback. I am starting to love my car simply for its simplicity :P. Good stuff, thanks everyone.

djax, good to know that I'm not alone and that it's normal to feel the way I do. Yeah I am planning to take really good care of my car. I am hoping it will last me 20 years and I'm sure it will! Only thing I am afraid of is the computer malfunctioning? I wonder if Honda has its computer system well built to last many years to come? But yeah, I am definitely one to get attached to things, so I see myself growing to really love the car.

Varoga, yes that's what I want to do, make it unique for me. I want to make mine cute n girly. I am not quite sure how I'm going to pull that off. I started off with buying a hibiscus flower air freshener from Walmart :P And I am already starting to love my car even more because of that. Simple things I guess make me happy.
Thinking pastel colours for accents may be a good start........ As far as I know it seems computers "break" due to viruses and such, and getting upgraded with junk. Where as the cars onboard PC is pretty much just going to do the same thing over and over, which I "think" would make it less likely to go down.

mmmm good idea with the pastel colours for accents, any idea where? Perhaps, I'll take a look around the website to see what others have done. And yeah you're right about the computers. Just in case, I was thinking of getting the extra coverage past the three years. Any idea if I should invest in that? They said if you never used that warranty you would get your money back. I still don't know if I should just pass on that. They were charging me 1325.

Know of a website with everything Honda mods? Maybe start off with a pastel pink Honda emblem, maybe it might look too tacky though? I am not sure.

Know of a website with everything Honda mods? Maybe start off with a pastel pink Honda emblem, maybe it might look too tacky though? I am not sure.

What color is your Civic? If you do a Google search for Civic accessories, you will find many things from colored "H" emblems to colored lights for your interior. These are fairly cheap and easy to install That will give you a good step in making your car your own.

It's Taffeta White, I liked the November winner with his white on white. Maybe I'll go that route. I am getting more and more excited about my car now :D wow and colored lights? that would be interesting. I hope when messing with things, I don't completely jack something up. It would be fun experimenting though.

Changing out the interior lights is simple. Look at the threads to see how easy it is. I think if you start looking at the DIY threads and see all of the different things you can do, you will be even more happy with your purchase. I am anxious to start doing some simple mods with my new Civic as well.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I don't think I'd even take mod'ing seriously if it wasn't for this website.

Yep, I've recently switched my dome, trunk and license lights with LEDs. Very easy to do and they look great. Alot of Si folks went with the red LED dome lights. Very easy things to do with the mods like that. Some member here plasti dip the emblem in pink color. Turned out nice.

My next project is to have my windows tinted. Just have to make time to get it done. My car is a hybrid so can't really do any engine mods other than what I can do exterior and in the cabin. Looking around to get my seats covered so I can protect it. I'm a road warrior so I spend alot of time commuting of 90 miles a day.

Ahh yeah, I think that would be a good first project is changing to LED lights. I'm hoping that it's fool proof, as this would be the first time for me attempting anything of this nature.

As for emblems, I am wanting a pink JDM emblem, I think that's the correct term? But it seems hard to find. I haven't been able to find one unfortunately not even on ebay.

I want to get my windows tinted as well since I'll be moving to Florida soon, so I'll def be needing that. And I think to protect my seats, just gonna go with Scotchgard, although it would be hard to air out my car as it is freezing and don't feel comfortable leaving my doors open for a long period of time with all the snow, etc. Meh we shall see, and wow 90 miles?! I would def have gone with the hybrid as well.

With the weather being so cold I hope I can muster the willpower to work on my car, we shall see! Thanks for the input!

Back