Removing floor and ceiling liner without ruining it?

Loppysaurusrex

Was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the ceiling and floor fabric liners for dynamat installing without tearing it up

Just know that when you start pulling the seats out you have to disconnect the airbag sensors under the seat. When you do this you'll end up throwing an error on the imid that doesn't go away by just plugging them back in. Some have said honda has charged them anywhere from $25-$50 just to reset the stupid error message. There isn't really anything holding the carpet down. The seats and the side plastic trim by the doors is really all that holds it in place. The roof panel I can't answer. I know others have tried messing with it, but they said that both windshield plastic pillar and side/rear pieces all need removed. They said the clips on some of them were horrible to get off.

have you done any sound deadening at all? I know some have said a big improvement happened by applying it in the bottom of the trunk/floor where the spare tire sits. Another area is the door panels.

Just know that when you start pulling the seats out you have to disconnect the airbag sensors under the seat. When you do this you'll end up throwing an error on the imid that doesn't go away by just plugging them back in. Some have said honda has charged them anywhere from $25-$50 just to reset the stupid error message. There isn't really anything holding the carpet down. The seats and the side plastic trim by the doors is really all that holds it in place. The roof panel I can't answer. I know others have tried messing with it, but they said that both windshield plastic pillar and side/rear pieces all need removed. They said the clips on some of them were horrible to get off.

have you done any sound deadening at all? I know some have said a big improvement happened by applying it in the bottom of the trunk/floor where the spare tire sits. Another area is the door panels.
Yep nvm lol

I have done my trunk, but not the spare tire, I may just get dynapad for that part, I also have yet to do my doors, I was just curious in case I wanted to do the whole car.

Disconnect your battery for at least 1-2 min before messing with airbag plugs. This will also keep the light to pop on but your memory settings on the radio will be lost. You won't accidentally blow your face in though.

Start by lining the spare tire well. The trunk resonates quite a bit of road noise. If you still want more after that you can look at removing interior panels.

Start by lining the spare tire well. The trunk resonates quite a bit of road noise. If you still want more after that you can look at removing interior panels.
I cut up some yoga mats and used those in the well, not sure how much it helped with road noise but it did stop an annoying plastic bit from rattling when going over bumps.

Back