DIY Resonator Delete (Si Sedan)

Don't even worry about it. I live in western/upstate NY. I've had my resonator off for a while. Almost 3 years now. Snowstorms, heavy rain, puddles, no issues. I was really paranoid the first couple of big rains we had but I popped the hood and felt way down in the airbox to the lower tubing. I never felt a drop in there. The high filter location also means that if water splashes up in that area, there isn't a filter down low to start attracting and holding onto water.

Well put nix.. Yea Im in so cal so the weather is nice but I've hit my fair share of puddles and standing water... Dry as a bone every time I've gotten nervous and checked.. Were its located is actually pretty protected by the wheel well and other plastic pieces, I wouldn't worry about it unless your doing some submarine dives in your car haha

Last edited:
no issue with my resonator off. i actually got the takeda icebox (momentum) intake with the res removed, no issues here in south east NY in the mountains

if your doing a short ram intake setup like the k&n typhoon which i recently installed, its open on the back side of the housing towards the firewall so having the resonator is basically pointless then right? my other thought was wouldn't it be better to take out all the resonator and tubes and do a custom tube to scoop cold air front the front of the car

i would think power gain, k&n claims a 10hp gain with theyre short ram intake, and if you reroute the air tubing to scoop cold air from the front on the car have have it go right to your intake you'd be in buisness, i got mine routed low to grab air from the lower mesh

Attachments

• photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    260 KB · Views: 115
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 119
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 110
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 108
very nice write up. I was able to do it on a coupe in about 1/2 an hour, i did not take the wheel off. hardest part was wiggling the resonator off the intake tube. i had to put a flat head screw driver on the rear end of the car side of it and pull for all i was worth. great sound, i LOVE It. plan on getting a k&N typhoon soon. so i figured taking this off was good thing any how. now there's better air flow into the stock tube i would figure, and better flow to a SRI.

So what part of those pieces actually make the sound quieter? I see that P2R has a resonator delete but all it does is cover that piece the snorkel attaches to so I'm guessing the snorkel thing is the resonator?

Hey guys I have a P2R resonator delete thing for mine. I bought it like a year ago and literally forgot I had it lol But it seems like its only for removing the snorkel part of the resonator? Should I just do that or take everything off like this?

For all you folks with a Civic LX, I tried this over the long weekend. After breaking a few fasteners trying to get the wheel inner lining out, I find that the fender may need to come off to get the box out. Is that true?

Back