RV6 downpipe

Tak

New York City
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan (FB2)
Hello guys,

I have been reading about the RV6 downpipe for R18 https://rv6-p.com/civic-18/9th-gen-2012-

For me, I drive my R18 as a daily communter. If I got budget, of course I would like to boost it.

Which one do I get? Cat or catless?

If I don't tune with the software, is it still gonna be okay?

Thanks,

Get catted cause I know you live in NY it will just be a pain when inspection time comes up unless you get the fouler thing I'm not sure how well that works...but if you're gonna buy this without tuning it, don't bother. You won't see/feel any gains without a tune

Get catted cause I know you live in NY it will just be a pain when inspection time comes up unless you get the fouler thing I'm not sure how well that works...but if you're gonna buy this without tuning it, don't bother. You won't see/feel any gains without a tune
Cool. I'll save up some $ to get the catted one.
What intake should I pair with this?
I initially thought about getting Takeda SRI.

If I got the $ (I am a family guy that the $ is more prioritized for family), my plan is to buy and install SRI, downpipe, and TBS with my mechanic. Then later save up $ to buy the software.

My goal, if possible, wishes to increase the stock HP to approximately 170-180, to become a sub-SI. But of course this would be a long term goal though.

Honestly I ask vitviper when I'm pairing mods to make the best power...but to make 170-180 you'll need pulleys, intake, doe pipe, full exhaust maybe even a cam. I saw a video on YouTube of an 8th gen with all bolt ons make 166HP

Yeah, you have to think the car puts down like 120-125hp. At least the 8th gen EX dynos showed those power levels at the wheels. 160 even sounds really high for NA on the r18.

Yea really high, I'll try and find the video he had some other things too I think

Reactions: Tak
Yea really high, I'll try and find the video he had some other things too I think
Cool. Let me know about your findings. But my project to boost my r18 will not be started soon until I pay off 99% of my debts, got a mini van for family, my wife passes her driving license, and my son goes to primary school. These lists can go on more LOL

I would still say all bolt ons on the R18 won't get you 150 whp. Honestly I would skip the bolt ons and just port and polish the head for more flow. It's the biggest limiter N/A

World's Fastest Honda Civic R18!!
IG | 420Coupe

I would still say all bolt ons on the R18 won't get you 150 whp. Honestly I would skip the bolt ons and just port and polish the head for more flow. It's the biggest limiter N/A

IG | 420Coupe

What kind of power are we looking at?

will a Port & polish job with a DP, intake and catback yeild enough power to upgrade the fuel pump?

edit: nvm did some research lol

Last edited:
will a Port & polish job with a DP, intake and catback yeild enough power to upgrade the fuel pump?

edit: nvm did some research lol

I would upgrade it either way it's like a $80 upgrade for the 255 walbro.

With the P&P I can see you maybe pushing Upwards of 160whp

IG | 420Coupe

Back