Saving the life of my ballast?

Dcalicotte03

Is there a way to disable the head lights from coming on everytime I lock or unlock the car? Or when opening the door?

It should be flashing the DRL/Highbeam correct? If you have the HID/ballasts on the low beams it shouldn't effect it at all. Also be sure to run a proper wiring harness.

Locking/unlocking only flashes the turn signals... It shouldn't affect your headlights

That's what I was thinking also. I thought there could have been a change somewhere along the line that I was unaware of.

Confirmed. When I lock or unlock wth the remote the side markers flash then my heads and fogs come on. This also happens when I open the door

Strange... Do you have a 13? Maybe that's how the 13's are. But I would check the imid for options

13. I'll look again tomorrow morning and try some stuff but I thought I looked through everything. I'll have to double check.

This happens to my 2014 civic also...now i'm just concerned it'll shorten the life of my ballasts/bulbs. I'll try disabling it through imid tomorrow.

Mines always does this but only when the headlights are on AUTO. I like it lol. but when my headlights are on the OFF position, only the blinkers blink.

So if you keep it on auto like I do and let it blink when you turn on the car (I have push start), will it shorten the life of the HID bulbs/ballasts? If it doesn't, then I'll just leave it on auto.

If your getting in your car and you were gonna turn the lights on anyway, It wont matter. I think the wear and tear is negligible. If you have a good set of HIDs, you should be fine.
Also, if you find your headlights turning off before you actually get to your door, you can make them stay on longer by changing the settings on your IMID.

Thanks. I got the xenondepot 4300k philips and hopefully they'll last. My civic has that sensor feature where I put my hand on the door handle and it unlocks so I shouldn't have that problem where the lights turn off early.

Back