8th Gen Short shifters

Gitrdone42

Boiling Springs
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
Does any of the current or former 8th gen owners have a suggestion on a short shifter? Anything else you would change also?

maybe acuity makes a short shift er for a 8th gen- I am not a expert on that model.

I think I had a cheapy extender thing on the shift lever and the bushing on the trans. I know they made bushings for the shift lever mounts.

Last edited:
dont waste your money on a short shifter, i would buy solid shifter base bushing and cable bushings if you do not have those

So I am more or less trying to find something to do to my car to make me enjoy it again. I've got wheels on it and its lowered and that is about it. I'm not wanting to dump a lot of money into it though. It is supposed to get painted at the beginning of Sept. if everything goes right. I am getting a little bit of money at the end of the month from my dad's estate being finalized. It'll be a little over $8K, 1800 is going towards paint, some going to my son's savings account for him later on and planning on saving the rest to put towards a toy in a few years. I am going to try to get something from Japan that you don't see many of, wanted a R32 skyline but seems like everyone is getting them now so we will see what happens.

Unless you are going to boost it, save your cash for the new ride.

I loved my 8th gen but spent like $5000 on it with n/a mods and still wanted more.

Unless you are going to boost it, save your cash for the new ride.

I loved my 8th gen but spent like $5000 on it with n/a mods and still wanted more.
I thought about boosting it but I'd really want to wait until the engine craps out on me, but idk if or when that could happen. Maybe once it's repainted I'll be happy with it again. Still runs and drives pretty good for a 13 year old car with 200K miles.

BTW I am taking suggestions on what I should get as a toy.

Go visit Toprank.com

You’re welcome...

Last edited:
Better yet, get a project car....swap a K motor on it and wrench on it for a few years.

Better yet, get a project car....swap a K motor on it and wrench on it for a few years.
I would but really don't want to fool with working on something. I'll work on a car if I have to but I don't like it and wouldn't enjoy building one. I'd rather get a clean import and enjoy it.

Back