Should I get a Catted or Uncatted downpipe?

EdwarDallas

Dallas, Texas
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I live in Texas, so I'm not sure which would be best.

If I get an un-catted dp, do I have to get a cat-delete?

This and a tune from Vit are going to be my only mods.

I appreciate the advice.

Edward

Uncatted downpipe means no catalytic converter. - you won't pass any emissions testing (if you have them where you live). Stinky exhaust

Catted downpipe- they'll have one high flow catalytic converter in the downpipe. Supposedly a couple less horsepower/torque versus no cat (3-5hp reportedly). Should pass local emissions testing - not stinky

Either can bolt right up to the stock exhaust or any aftermarket exhaust for the 2012+ civic. They're all interchangeable.

The catted version won't lose you that much power and will be a lot nicer for you and anyone who has to drive near you in traffic. The smell of an uncatted car is pretty strong. As a courtesy I would recommend you get the catted version.

Uncatted downpipe means no catalytic converter. - you won't pass any emissions testing (if you have them where you live). Stinky exhaust

Catted downpipe- they'll have one high flow catalytic converter in the downpipe. Supposedly a couple less horsepower/torque versus no cat (3-5hp reportedly). Should pass local emissions testing - not stinky

Either can bolt right up to the stock exhaust or any aftermarket exhaust for the 2012+ civic. They're all interchangeable.

Sorry to revive an old post, but do you happen to know if the catted Rv6 will pass an OBDII test? I live in Il and they haven't used a sniffer for some time. I have a Takeda momentum sealed cai and q300 catback. Was looking to throw on a catted dp and get a vittune but I'm worried it may not pass emissions testing. Thanks in advance.

Sorry to revive an old post, but do you happen to know if the catted Rv6 will pass an OBDII test? I live in Il and they haven't used a sniffer for some time. I have a Takeda momentum sealed cai and q300 catback. Was looking to throw on a catted dp and get a vittune but I'm worried it may not pass emissions testing. Thanks in advance.
It's supposed to pass, but you can contact rv6. If you have flashpro you can disable the secondary o2. No check engine lights/errors.

It's supposed to pass, but you can contact rv6. If you have flashpro you can disable the secondary o2. No check engine lights/errors.

Thanks for the quick reply, Webby. I'm planning on getting the Rv6 and then a vitviper ultimate tune. I believe it comes with flashpro so it sounds like I'll be in good shape. I just don't want to get the dp if I can't pass inspection without putting stock back on. I don't have a lift to make swapping easy. Lol. Thanks again

Ultimate tune is just him tuning the car. Flashpro is like $650, $699, or whatever depending on where you buy it. The tune is on top of that. You'll pass with a catted downpipe if you have flashpro.

Sorry, I meant the ultimate tune flashpro combo. It's like $850. That doesn't come with flash pro? If not then that's way too high. I thought it sounded like a great deal.

Sorry, I meant the ultimate tune flashpro combo. It's like $850. That doesn't come with flash pro? If not then that's way too high. I thought it sounded like a great deal.
That would be flashpro and him giving you a custom tune. That's what he calls it.

That would be flashpro and him giving you a custom tune. That's what he calls it.

http://vittuned.com/flashpro-ultimate-tune.html

This is the one I'm talking about. Here's another question for you, do you need hondata to just do the ultimate tune by itself? I assume you do in order to read and calibrate etc. but I can't find anything on his site that confirms that. That's the only reason why I'm doing the flashpro + ultimate tune, but if I don't need to go that route I can save $500

http://vittuned.com/flashpro-ultimate-tune.html

This is the one I'm talking about. Here's another question for you, do you need hondata to just do the ultimate tune by itself? I assume you do in order to read and calibrate etc. but I can't find anything on his site that confirms that. That's the only reason why I'm doing the flashpro + ultimate tune, but if I don't need to go that route I can save $500

hondata flashpro is the tool you plug into your car that allows the car to be tuned. That tool is basically $700.

https://www.hondata.com/flashpro-civic-si-2012-2015-us

You need that to be able to tune the car. "Ultimate tune" is just what vit calls his service of tuning your car. You can buy a flashpro from anywhere new or used. He offers just tuning packages if you just need a tune and already own a flashpro unit.

Also be aware that doing a tune with him is not an overnight thing. Most people have said it can take up to 30+ revisions before the tune is complete. That process of going back and forth with him updating data logs through email can take upwards of 2+ months depending on how quick you are able to keep doing data logs with him.

Ok so that combo deal is actually a pretty darn good deal then. I think I'll have to do it. I know it will take time but I'm getting ready to buy an Rv6 and my CAI already killed my throttle response. Need to get it calibrated soon. Thanks for all your help, man

Back