skunk2 alpha header (downpipe)

2013_Si_Guy

Pasco, wa
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey I just ordered the skunk2 downpipe. Does it come with gaskets or do I have to go purcgase new ones. Im super excited to install it. Im just trying to get everything together before I install it the day I receive it.

Kind of. It came with a flange gasket for the end of the downpipe. But the gasket at the head had to be reused as there wasnt one supplied in the packaging. :(

Kind of. It came with a flange gasket for the end of the downpipe. But the gasket at the head had to be reused as there wasnt one supplied in the packaging. :(
I just got my dp and cat back in. Installing it Saturday. Any other problems you had? Any other reused parts?

Had to shim a crossbrace with a couple washers right next to the flexpipe section of the alpha header.

**** I wish I would have seen this before I left work. I just had the Si on the lift for a rotate. Its right behind where the midpipe attaches to the downpipe. There is a small crossbrace. I spaced it from the chassis with washers about 1/8 inch. Solved that problem!

**** I wish I would have seen this before I left work. I just had the Si on the lift for a rotate. Its right behind where the midpipe attaches to the downpipe. There is a small crossbrace. I spaced it from the chassis with washers about 1/8 inch. Solved that problem!
I see. I just got mine off the lift today and was super excited until I heard that tapping noise... It's either that brace you're talking about or it's the one right below the downpipe... Until I get on a lift tomorrow I won't know which one.

I used what was accessible. I put 1/8 inch spacing or so
Thanks man. I'll see what I can do tomorrow

Update:

Got it taken care of... I didn't use washers though. I just took the brace off. There isn't a reason for it to be there. It will not affect the integrity of the car.

Last edited:
How do you guys like the gains with the addition of the downpipe? And are either of you tuned with it?

How do you guys like the gains with the addition of the downpipe? And are either of you tuned with it?
I am still currently tuning the car with VitViper. I have had solid gains compared to what it used to be. I highly recommend it. much more responsive to the touch.

Back