So long friends, it's been fun.

something tells me the dealer doesnt feel they hurt themselves, may have lost a customer but got the car sold for more, all about the $$

something tells me the dealer doesnt feel they hurt themselves, may have lost a customer but got the car sold for more, all about the $$
true, im used to small town dealers. we have reoccurring customers for life who have family members that also buy from us.

Not that the dealer noticed or cared, but my parents were shadowing me during this purchase. My dad was dying to test drive a 2022 MDX to see if he liked it. So, it's more than just me they lost out on. My dad will obviously not be asking them about one.

Good news,
The suffering is over. The second Acura dealer was friendly, but too money hungry to deal. So I went next door to the Lexus dealer with the best customer service I've ever experienced...
2021-10-30.jpg

Ended up loving the ES300h they had, and everyone there was awesome.
Now, I can FINALLY enjoy a car again. :)

What a mess. I’d let Acura Corp know, and I feel like it wouldn’t hurt to leave reviews about the dealer online.

Acura corporate
Phone General
(800) 382-2238 toll free
Monday through Friday
6:00am to 5:00pm Pacific
Absolutely.
I will be explaining how bad things went. I don't want anything [from Honda/Acura corp] in return, just to give my story.
It really spoiled my view of the Acura brand, and ultimately led to my Lexus purchase.

congrats on the new ride & I'm glad you had a good experience with the new purchase at lexus

Good news,
The suffering is over. The second Acura dealer was friendly, but too money hungry to deal. So I went next door to the Lexus dealer with the best customer service I've ever experienced...
View attachment 63689

Ended up loving the ES300h they had, and everyone there was awesome.
Now, I can FINALLY enjoy a car again. :)
Why no ES300h F Sport? lol I'm kidding :giggle: Congrats!

curious to hear your thoughts on the ES compared to the TLX, especially since lexus is claiming they made it more exciting to drive

curious to hear your thoughts on the ES compared to the TLX, especially since lexus is claiming they made it more exciting to drive
So I test drove a 2021 TLX Adv, 2022 ES 350, and the 2021 ES 300h I bought within a short period. The TLX was by far the most fun. However, the V6 in the 350 was more than powerful enough for the car. I didn't get the same opportunity to push the Lexus as their sales folks ride along with you, the Acura ones let me go solo. Just comparing cars alone, the TLX was more fun, though the ES are WAAY more quiet inside, though this makes the drive very numb. For me, I'd take either the TLX or the ES 350 if I was looking for a "fun" and modest midsize sedan.
Acura wins for the better "drivers" car but the ES wins the comfort category, especially if you find the "enhanced" engine sound of the Acura annoying. Both infotainment systems have an equal learning curve.
Meanwhile the hybrid I bought is probably the opposite of the TLX in the fun category. But hey, I drive 60mi on a workday so I decided that was the better choice for me.

Back