Starting to look like its paint job time

Phillip Lambrecht

Fort Irwin,CA
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
sedan
So living in the Colorado high desert and now the California high desert the soft factory paint is about done for. So I'm think a paint job will be my winter project. My car is currently black but not interested in spraying it back black. Any good ideas for color. Kinda would like to do a color that wasn't factory on a 2012 si sedan.

A paint job already? Fiji Blue Pearl? :D
Ya. It's prob not as bad as I make it out to be but being a painter I'm overly critical. And I have some door dings I want to fix. And I never really wanted black it was the only 2012 sedan in the whole state when I got it. I like the looks of blue cars just not sure if I would want my personal car blue. If I did go blue it would be a very dark high metallic blue

Eastwood just did a restoration project in blue. Looked pretty sharp. I know it's on a Fox body 'Stang but I thought it was a nice blue if you're thinking of going that route.

http://blog.eastwood.com/fox-body-mustang-project/project-resolution-phase-7/

I dunno what paint you guys use but this is their blue that they used:

http://www.eastwood.com/low-voc-blue-pearl-basecoat-gallon.html

Personally I'd go for a really dark dark purple that almost looks black under most lighting.
Ya that's a pretty nice blue. I'd prefer maybe a bit darker. As far as paint brand ill be spraying ppg. I've sprayed all kinds of paint I just personally can make ppg look better then anything else.

Reactions: Nix
FG2.jpg

Fiji blue is one of my all time favorite colors. I've seen on a few forums threads about your favorite car color and I've seen Fiji blue show up on most of them.
I too am a painter, my next project car will be sprayed Fiji blue.
Are you spraying solvent or water ppg? I sprayed ppg and DuPont solvent when I was in school, now I spray sikkens Akzo Nobel water. I'm pretty happy with it.

Someone who owns a body shop came up to me and asked for my car's paint code bc he wanted to paint his Camaro in Fiji Blue. I think it was a second gen, I'm not sure.

Back