Steering Wheel Emblems Wont Stick?

NoMoreNissans

Ottawa, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan
I've ordered 2 blue emblems from grafxpressions so far, and both of them didn't stick properly. I cleaned the surface of the steering wheel, aligned them properly, and only stuck each of them on once.

Both times, after 10 minutes a corner will lift up, and it will keep doing this until I eventually get frustrated and rip it off. They've sent me the second one for free already because of this issue so I don't wanna bother them for a third.

Do you really need to rip off the oem emblem to make it stick for good? I was under the impression that it was intended to just be slapped on top of the existing one no problems.

Any other vendors you guys could recommend for an inexpensive steering wheel emblem that actually works? I really liked the blue look, it matches well with the blue gauges on the R18

Also, it was about 12 degrees celcius when I did this. Not too hot, not too cold, so I'm not sure if that had an impact on the adhesive.

Any input? :)

The best bet is to get the "J's Racing JDM emblem" and get a blue overlay for it. GRFXP's gel steering wheel emblem overlays are known to not stick well.

I have the same problem, have considered using crazy glue or loctite quick drying to get it on there because I dont want to order another one

The best bet is to get the "J's Racing JDM emblem" and get a blue overlay for it. GRFXP's gel steering wheel emblem overlays are known to not stick well.
Okay cool, I'll try that and post results.

It's just irritating. Why sell a sticker that can't fulfill it's one single function, TO STICK!

If you order the J's Racing emblem through grfxpressions they can also sell you a colored film overlay (7$) for it to customize it however you want. I got mine in blue with a black chrome H. Will post pics

Back