Stock 9th Gen Si eDyno?

Bisimoto also but theirs I think was also just for show to prove it could be done before anyone else. Kits are available from both PRL motorsports and Full Race.

Whole lot of info to read in here:

http://9thcivic.com/forum/forums/forced-induction-nitrous-oxide.120/

Bisimoto_02_620x412.JPG

1000 hp
Bisimoto_05_620x412.JPG

eDynos are wheel hp. It is easy to fudge numbers on ANY dyno, if you don't know how it's done -- lucky you, lol.

Typical results for 9th gens on eDyno are (w/ FPro tune):

Intake only: ~190
Intake & downpipe: ~200
Intake & downpipe & RBC: 205-210
Full bolt ons w/ RBC (exhaust): 215-220

The reason you see "inflated" numbers are runs done on slight downhill roads, or runs done in cooler weather (you know how the car feels better at 50* than it does at 90*? well that's cause it really is making that much more power) with no SAE correction on the eDyno.

I had one customer that sent me weather information religiously for his 3rd gear WOTs and always did the WOTs on the same road -- his numbers from day to day were with in 1% -- always around 212-215. That's pretty damn accurate and consistent.

Like any dyno -- it's a TOOL. Use it properly and it will serve you well, abuse it and you can do w/e you want with it.

cool...

I know its a tad old of a thread but I found this. This is a baseline dyno sweep test of a brand new factory 2012 Honda Civic Si, at 11 miles on the odometer. This is a testbed in partnership with American Honda and Bisimoto Engineering. On the dynapack dynamometer, this 9th generation civic made 171whp and 157ft/lbs of torque on the new K24Z7 powerplant. Impressive indeed.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUxzK8PLHtY

That's not bad at all considering the motor isn't even broken in.

I know its a tad old of a thread but I found this. This is a baseline dyno sweep test of a brand new factory 2012 Honda Civic Si, at 11 miles on the odometer. This is a testbed in partnership with American Honda and Bisimoto Engineering. On the dynapack dynamometer, this 9th generation civic made 171whp and 157ft/lbs of torque on the new K24Z7 powerplant. Impressive indeed.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUxzK8PLHtY

Dynapack are hub dyno, the # are not whp, wheel horse power included tires weight, tires friction and wheels weight... so if a same car dyno 171hp on hub with no friction and tires/wheels weight, on chassis dyno, your looking at around 161whp

But, hub dyno are best for tuning

7F54EB0A-15E6-4A80-A0D7-38B8DCD0648A.jpeg

Intake only: ~190
Intake & downpipe: ~200
Intake & downpipe & RBC: 205-210
Full bolt ons w/ RBC (exhaust): 215-220

crazy how dead on he was here. I’ve had almost all these setups and hit those numbers dead on. Except my last e85 was higher in hp.

anyone wanting to know what kind of numbers they’re gonna hit with mods. This is pretty accurate. I believe the sk2 manifold hit higher numbers with fbo.

How about a part list on each setup, so I will know how to get the most power for as little dough as possible. It's only accurate if your using the exact same parts.:confuzzled: And what kind of tune goes into each setup. These cars must be tuned right to make power not just add parts on.:dogdance:

Price them out yourself. U can either get cheap parts or do it right

come on do some work for mee! Part list just saying this much power with what parts? How much are these devices?:bunny::paper:

You could put a super charger on from that much, that info is incomplete.:lildevil:

Last edited:
SUPER old thread....but, I’ll be posting dyno numbers soon with FBO (CAI, dp, exhaust, intake mani swap). However, after a ton of research, I went with the Rbb intake manifold an Acura TSX, due to I don’t see myself spinning past 7500 rpm.
If anyone wants, I can post the build process of swapping the RBB to the z7 head later. Very similar to RBC, but hoping for more low end torque7F62C1B9-0E83-41FE-896D-6EBCBD4390CE.jpeg

Instead in to see the dyno. I went the RBC route and was looking to do the RRC but for the price you are in the ballpark for the Skunk2 Manifold.

Instead in to see the dyno. I went the RBC route and was looking to do the RRC but for the price you are in the ballpark for the Skunk2 Manifold.
I think all said and done so far I’m about $140 in for this manifold. New gaskets, the manifold (junkyard find) and modification time. Less than half the cost of an RBC, and hoping for much more torque.

Back