Stock speaker wire gauge (rear sub)

2013civic_si

Does anyone know what gauge the stock speaker wire is for the rear sub ? It looks pretty small. I want to t tap it to connect a LOC and add a sub. Before anyone says it I'll stop you. I know there may be better ways to do it but this is the way I'm doing it. Just looking for the speaker wire gauge, thanks.

Why add a line out converter when you don't need one? Why do you need to know the gauge of the wire if you are going to splice an LOC onto it? Knowing the gauge of the wire won't change anything because the wires on an LOC are about the same gauge as the speaker wire in any vehicle. You should cut the sub wires before the factory amp, which are pre-amp level outputs, and splice an RCA plug onto those wires and run that to your new amp for your new sub. You will be able to control the sub level using the factory stereo, but you won't get the lousy equalization coming from the factory amp, which is what ruins the sound in the Civic. You will already be running power wires through the vehicle to the battery for the amp, so you could easily run the sub wire from the amp harness to the trunk or passenger seat, depending on where you are planning on mounting the amp. I know you want to do it your way, but this alternative method saves you from buying an LOC and wiring that up, and will give you better sound.

Back