Strut Mounts

Lindsaysarah

I need some help/advice. I installed H&R springs a few months ago. It's recently been making a clunking noise in the front when turning the wheel at slow speeds. I brought it back to the place that put the springs on for me and they basically said that the way the springs were sitting into the top strut mount was allowing them to move and make noise. They told me to look into aftermarket top mounts. Has anyone else had to do this or have any good ones to recommend. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I had the same issue with my old 12 si and now with my 15 si, I just ignore the sound its not too bad it got better over time, Ive heard greasing up the spring helps as well as some springs insulators.

I need some help/advice. I installed H&R springs a few months ago. It's recently been making a clunking noise in the front when turning the wheel at slow speeds. I brought it back to the place that put the springs on for me and they basically said that the way the springs were sitting into the top strut mount was allowing them to move and make noise. They told me to look into aftermarket top mounts. Has anyone else had to do this or have any good ones to recommend. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Check out this link. It looks like switching to an 8th gen strut mount fixes the issue.
http://www.***************/#/forumsite/20679/topics/179010?page=1
I know it's from the wrong forum, but it seems like a realistic fix. I plan to do this when I drop mine this summer.

Back