SUB suggestions?

Completely lost on this topic. '13 4dr ci SI.

You really need to provide some information if you would like help. What headunit are you using? Do you want one sub or two? How much trunk space do you want to give up? How much are you willing to spend? Etc.

If you want to replace the sub in the rear deck, forget it. Not worth the effort/performance.

adding on to what Squig said, whats the budget or amount you want to spend on this project?

You have the premium audio system with the Si, so you really need to remove the factory amp and install an aftermarket amp with new speakers and a new sub in the trunk. The factory amp really messes up the equalization in the vehicle since the amp is handling the crossover frequencies. Need to know your budget and if you want to replace the entire system or keep the head unit and only replace the factory amp/speakers. A shop can build a custom sub box on the side of the trunk without sacrificing any space.

Man, I have a 2013 SI coupe, and I had a JL Audio HO110-W6V3 sub installed in the trunk (I have absolutely no install skills at all, local shop did it), along with Hertz ESK 165L.5 mids and tweets installed and I love it. Those tweets fit in my factory location just fine; my A pillars weren't butchered at all. I'm driving all that with a JL Audio XD 700, and it sounds great. That W6 sounds sweet, but I wish I would have went with the XD 900...Look at that box that's made by JL Audio, it's a bit pricey but it fits nicely in the trunk and is just pure quality, in my opinion. So...(sorry, I tend to talk/type a lot). I retained my factory HU because I didn't want to lose my steering wheel controls. I hope this helps, man. God bless...JC

Don't cheap out on the audio equipment. If all you want is more bass then a decent amp and sub would be perfect. If you want to clean up the whole car and have an amazing sounding system (for a reasonable price) remove the stock amp and replace all the speakers and add a larger sub in the trunk. I'm just waiting for my JL XD1000/5 amp to come in the mail so i can get rid of the stock amp. I can't wait to hear what it will sound like all finished!!

i installed a scosche LOC90 Line Output Converter. I spliced the speaker input into my factory sub wiring.
added an AMP and 1 10in sub in box.. Sounds great..
Only Wire i had to run was the power wire from the battery.

Back