Tint - Solar Gard vs Sun-X

carpenj

Monroe, LA
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I'm wanting to get my windows tinted soon and I have two shops I'm looking at. "Shop A" uses Solar Gard Supreme for the dyed film tint jobs. They tinted one of my old cars and I don't remember any issues with it, but I also didn't care about that car and only used it for my very short commute to work. "Shop B" is who the Honda dealership I got my car from recommends, and the place seems nice but only uses this Sun-X film that I've never heard of.

Have any of you ever used or seen Sun-X film? Is it of the same quality as Solar Gard Supreme? Not sure which place to go with here but these two seem to be the two that everyone recommends.

Thanks!

Most reputable shops will offer a film choice that has a lifetime warranty. Tint forums tend to praise llumar and 3m film a lot.

Yeah, I haven't been able to find any locally that carry Llumar or 3m but haven't been able to find them locally. Both shops offer lifetime warranties - do you think it's likely worth it to take the car out of town, if necessary, to find one that carries one of those tint brands?

Then I'd go to the most reputable shop, as a bad shop can ruin even the best tint.

I had to drive an hour to get my car tinted. Granted I live in the middle of nowhere, I think you should go as far as you're comfortable with. I got 3M on mine and couldn't be happier.

Thanks for the replies! I found a place 1.5 hours away that uses Llumar, so once tax season ends I'll probably set up an appointment and get over there to get it done.

Back