Tsudo catback impression

Bulkybear

So I just installed my Tsudo catback yesterday and wanted to post my impressions coming from a muffler delete.

First I took it out with the tail silencer in. Was a lot quieter than my muffler delete. I'd say just a tad louder than stock. But it has a completely different sound. More like a low hum instead of my muffler deletes more raspy sound.

Then I took the tail silencer out and wow... It wasn't raspy at all. It was more of a deep bassy hum. Imagine turning a sub woofer half way up and just playing someone with a bassy voice hum. The wow part, it's easily 2x louder than my muffler delete. And I thought that was loud. Which surprised me. I figured going from no muffler to some kind of muffler would still quiet it down some. Boy was I wrong lol!

So my verdict. Imo it's the perfect exhaust considering the tail silencer, so you can go from loud to quiet as you wish. And it looks great. I'd imagine the Invidia N1 would be the same as it also comes with the silencer. Not sure about the skunk2 though.

Now onto the bad.

The only cons I have are with my particular case and not with the product itself. The vendor I ordered through I'm pretty sure just had it shipped to me straight from Tsudo. On arrival the box was really beat up. Everything was fine except there is a slight bend in the tip. Not bad enough for me to make a big deal over, but bad enough that I noticed it straight away and I had a really hard time getting the tail silencer out as a result.

The other thing is I got the 4 piece version. This means the the midpipe is cut into 2 and sleeved so you just slide an end in the other and secure it with the provided clamp. I'm not sure if that is causing an exhaust leak or if it's where my catback meets the down pipe but with the silencer in I could hear like an air sucking noise coming from outside the car. Sounds like an intake that is really sucking some air. I'm not sure if it's a leak or not as I don't hear anything wrong with the engine note, or any kind of exhaust not coming from this spot, just an air sucking sound.

Performance is the same as my muffler delete.

If anyone has some insight on exhausts and leaks maybe you could come in and let me know [emoji2]

Yeah I read up in there, pretty sure I have the new design for the cut midpipe. Only thing I can thing of is its either not tight enough, tightened it all the way, pipe doesn't seem loose, or maybe I put it at the wrong spot, I put it about an inch behind the end of the section. Or its completely normal sound, I just don't know.

Yeah I will try that. Just got my wife to rev it a bit while I was under it and I didn't hear any leaks.

I'd say if you don't feel any hot gases/blow by from any connection your fine. You'll know if you have a leak and it wont sound like an intake noise, from my experience as a tech. Sounds almost like saying "cha" with very little emphasis on the a and very rhythmic with rpm's.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure it's not an exhaust leak. I think it's literally just the airflow I'm hearing when the silencer is in.

Back