Two car fires for chrysler aren't pretty

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
New Dodge Durango catches fire while pulling parade float

The annual Cherry Blossom Parade in downtown Washington carried with it a special floral display this year, courtesy of a new Dodge Durango that caught fire while towing a parade float.

Dodge Challenger burns to a crisp on assembly line

crispy_dodge_challenger.jpg

The power of a heat lamp too close to the assembly line turned this nearly finished Dodge Challenger into something you might find if you left a baked potato in your oven for a few hours. Maybe FIAT ownership is rubbing off on Chrysler this week.
A cell phone image leaked from the Brampton, Ontario plant and onto the Moparts message board where enthusiasts discussed the possibility of this car being a rare limited edition Challenger SRT8 392 model.
They also speculated about the "real" cause, including suggestions that this was the result of either high employees or part of some brilliant scheme to fudge the numbers:

Fiat management likes to burn 1 or 2 cars per shift to increase production numbers but not increase cars in the sales bank.

So THAT'S what the Dodge Durango's been up to for the last two years. :rotfl:

I love how none of those people thought to get a fire extinguisher, and just stood there waiting to catch shrapnel if the truck exploded. At this point in my life I've learned to never underestimate the stupidity of others. :pat:

• Staff
I saw some people saying that they blamed the fire on the float being too big/heavy for it. Seriously?

Back