Undecided on Fog lights

Zach Terrell

Alamance, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey guys back again with a little question since the word “fog” is apparently too short for the search option and I’ve read thru so many light related threads without finding a definitive answer. So on to my question...
As my profile states I have a 2013 civic sedan, non Navi model, I recently got into a small front end collision (hydroplaned) and it ripped my front bumper off along with my factory round fog lights. Since it happened I’ve been debating going with an oem replacement, a standard 3.5 inch round led from morimoto, or one of the assemblies that come with the bezels. I’m mainly concerned on the fitment, I’m going to have my bumper repaired since it’s only some paint and one small dent that I’m fairly sure will come out and I have the small chrome pieces on my fog bezels instead of the long single piece going across the bumper, will attach pics of my front bumper and the other version along with the fog assemblies I’m referring to. The pics on protuninglab.com of the spyder assemblies seem like they are for the long single chrome trim piece anyone even running these assemblies? I like the oval look instead of rounds and I’d rather not spend $190 + shipping for the morimoto’s.

upload_2020-7-15_8-26-30.jpeg
my front bumper

upload_2020-7-15_8-28-29.jpeg
fog lights in question

upload_2020-7-15_8-29-8.jpeg
other bumper i believe they’re based for
The fog light description only says (2013-2014 Civic sedan models/ excluding coupe) doesn’t specify Si models or Lx, Ex. I’ve read thru the debates on fog lights in other threads but I’m not doing a front clip swap I’m solely focused on the fog lights and whether or not they will fit my chrome pieces or if it’s meant for the EX style with the full span chrome piece. Hopefully someone that’s bought these lights and bezels can chime in and help me out.

I would honestly stick to oem if I were you. If you want to go aftermarket, be prepared to swap them out. More than a few users have had 2-3+ sets replaced under warranty from carid, ebay, amazon etc after they failed from various issues.

I would honestly stick to oem if I were you. If you want to go aftermarket, be prepared to swap them out. More than a few users have had 2-3+ sets replaced under warranty from carid, ebay, amazon etc after they failed from various issues.

Geeez glad I got the heads up didn’t see that many had issues previously. I’ve looked at a few sites that sell the morimoto’s at a slightly cheaper price than theretrofitsource. I’m assuming positive reviews on the 2019/2020 model morimoto xb leds? At $175 I sure hope the light output is good as I see the beam pattern is quite sharp. I just need a lot of light since I’ve got 5% tint all around and now 25% on the windshield and it gets pretty hard to see at night and if it rains I’m pretty much stuck to going 35 mph anywhere.

The morimotos are likely decent. I know some had their bulbs burn out and replaced under warranty, but a bulb change isn’t that big of a deal.

I thought the Morimotos were leds? Was I thinking incorrectly? LEDs burning out @webby

These are supposed to be pretty good also....

Those are the fog lamps I have on my car with a clear film on to protect them from rocks.. love them! light output is great

Back