Upgrade stock sub options??

Dennis Rockholt

9k Alll Day
Franklin, TN
Vehicle Model
370Z Fairlady aka "Nismo"
Body Style
Coupe
Hey guys, Ive installed tons of systems over my lifetime but am lost as to what my options are. I like the way my stock system sounds, but honestly it has 0 bass with the sub turned all the way up and bass all the way up. Can I just replace the sub and leave the amp and what not the same?

If not how do we even go about running a system with the remote wire etc. that will need to be ran to the headunit? is there one in the back of our stock unit? Sorry for all the questions, but any help would be great

I dont think aftermarket subs would fit in the stock location due to mounting depth. As far as the remote wire I just tapped a switched connection from the fuse box. Its not pulling any amperage, just using it for a signal so it shouldnt hurt anything.

I want to do the same thing. Please let me know if you find anything

Hmm good point, I mean I dont mind to just mount a sub and amp in the trunk at all, I just wondered how wiring the aux cords and the remote wire would go. But I think I have an idea of how to do it. @Jett99 if I do the install myself (likely will) I will shoot a DIY for it man and tag you.

Oh yes. Thank you. I did find a really good thread from hillstones posted on feb 8th it's exactly the setup I have in mind

Back