USB PORT UNDER ARM REST

rip them as Wave files or FLACs, essential is to choose an uncompressed format.

Full Waves would be nice, but I don't think our cars support them. Plus, they take up a lot of space.

Last edited:
Well you all managed to lose me on this, I do know that the cd's I cut sound fine the way I've been doing it, and since I don't know how to do it any other way, anyhow........... I have a good ear, so I guess I'm ok.

Full Waves would be nice, but I don't think our cars support them. Plus, they take up a lot of space.
These days we can get 32 GB sticks or bigger for cheap so that is solved. To be honest never used the USB port I mostly do CDs, FM radio or XM and that when I can convince myself that the engine growl is not a better music for my car ;) it would be really disappointing if the car does not recognize 44/116 waves...

What program are you using to get the music on your computer right now? It will usually have a bitrate adjustment. A number of programs default to 192kbs ... but you can adjust it up/down. The higher you go, the better the audio quality...at the expense of file size. Reducing it below 192 creates a smaller file size, but lessens the audio quality.

Well you all managed to lose me on this, I do know that the cd's I cut sound fine the way I've been doing it, and since I don't know how to do it any other way, anyhow........... I have a good ear, so I guess I'm ok.
I use exact audio copy ( eac ) for extracting clean wave files and then I sometimes use the FLAC utility to compress them size wise losselesly, mp3s I never do it if I have the CD.

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/en/index.php/resources/download/

http://flac.sourceforge.net/documentation_tasks.html#windows

they have linux and MacOS versions as well for FLAC. not sure about EAC.

Burning I use InfraRecorder free great SW for windows. Not sure of MacOS, lots of other free ones on Linux.

http://infrarecorder.org/?page_id=5

Last edited:
These days we can get 32 GB sticks or bigger for cheap so that is solved. To be honest never used the USB port I mostly do CDs, FM radio or XM and that when I can convince myself that the engine growl is not a better music for my car ;) it would be really disappointing if the car does not recognize 44/116 waves...

I was referring to Waves played off of the USB stick. As far as the engine growl and music. Sometimes the music causes me to hit the rev limiter because I cannot hear the growl...

I was referring to Waves played off of the USB stick. As far as the engine growl and music. Sometimes the music causes me to hit the rev limiter because I cannot hear the growl...
Turn the Buckin' music down ........... :D

Someone said our cars reject some sticks, the one I bought was luck on my part, 'cause I have no idea what I bought........... ????

I'm sure I'll want to buy more..........

Last edited:
I've been listening to my Ipod in the car. I love the Ipod's user interface and it was loaded with my favorite tunes when I got my Si.

Back