VSA ON or OFF?????

chadoku

Norther VA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Is it me or do I notice a difference in acceleration when the VSA option is turned off when driving??? anybody noticed this too??

If your talking Si I don't notice any difference except when shifting into 2nd and sometimes 3rd but that's because it chirps the tires and engages traction control unless I disable it.

If your talking Si I don't notice any difference except when shifting into 2nd and sometimes 3rd but that's because it chirps the tires and engages traction control unless I disable it.

maybe im mistaking traction for braking.. it feels like its breaking a little when i shift on to second and third, hindering accelaration a little bit... and yes this is on an SI

VSA ON for me botches my hard starts by cutting gas at some point and making the car hesitate. For braking instead of allowing me to slide or just take a corner at the grips limit it will start applying brakes on some wheels and the car can actually do things you do not expect.

I always turn it off, when I forget I regret it the first time i need to go fast, or just want to ;)

I have noticed this too. It drives me nuts. :rantsmiley:
You can counteract it by giving it even more gas but you have to go real hard and it is counter intuitive. Doing that with it off you just pull a crazy burnout without moving for a small while.
Looks like they made it so driving spirited means pedal to the metal which is very dumb to keep it polite :)

You can counteract it by giving it even more gas but you have to go real hard and it is counter intuitive. Doing that with it off you just pull a crazy burnout without moving for a small while.
Looks like they made it so driving spirited means pedal to the metal which is very dumb to keep it polite :)
Even going really hard, I can feel some sort of hesitation. I have a few stretches of road on my way home from work that I can have some fun on...especially two lanes at stop lights. :D :driving:
I would rather just learn the quirks of the car/transmission and how to take off fast properly with out gas being cut, brakes being applied, etc. I did it for years with my last manual Civic. Not to mention with a few motorcycles.

Last edited:
dude it feels weird with that hesitation car bogging down a lil, thought I had a lemon haha but anyways good to know im not the only one annoyed by this, it bothers me more than the revv hang that id have to turn it off everytime.

I leave VSA on during normal driving and cruising, and especially in bad weather. I turn it off when I want to drive spiritedly. I think that's what Honda pretty much intended anyway, so it does not bother me.

Last edited:
maybe im mistaking traction for braking.. it feels like its breaking a little when i shift on to second and third, hindering accelaration a little bit... and yes this is on an SI
Yeah with traction control/vsa on when you shift your chirping the tires. That is enough to emgage traction control. It does cut power for a second when it happens. But that's only if your talking about launching and shifting hard. Normal driving it doesn't happen. At least that's how it is on my car.

I leave VSA on during normal driving and cruising, and especially in bad weather. I turn it off when I want to drive spiritedly. I think that's what Honda pretty much intended anyway, so it does not bother me.
I feel the same way. With the helical LSD there really is no reason to have it on during spirited driving.

yea i turn it off everytime I hop in the car now, I havent tested it in wet condition though hopefully it will serve its purpose

the first thing i do when i get in the car is turn VSA off
Mike kudos to ur setup bro, its kick ***.. im canadian too btw from vancity, but Im here in VA now. I like the Si not enough power for me though, I might go for mods later on after I break the car in. I was so used to my ITR with a more responsive throttle and rev crazy on it

Back