Washing, Clay Bar, and Waxing

Michael Sanford

Vehicle Model
2014 Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
First time using a clay bar and waxing my car, any suggestions or tips? I'll be doing it tomorrow morning and plan to take several before/after pictures. Wish me luck!

The clay bar should slide, if it feels like the clay has resistance add more lubrication. I prefer using a quick detailer some people say water will work, but I prefer the quick detailer.
Don't use too much wax. Wax should be thin, you should barely able to see the wax on the car until it hazes. The reason behind this is because only so much will stick the the paint and adding a thick layer only prolong hazing time and wear your arms out while buffing.

And GOOD LUCK!

I tried using the lubs with the clay and it seems to stop the flow of getting 'er done....... So I took the nozzle off the hose and set the water flow to medium(not blasting), And kept the water on the bar with one hand and the bar in the other, works great ...... wear a bathing suit and something on your feet that's going to get wet..........

GOOD!......... So how did you use the clay-bar?
Yes! It wasn't that difficult to get used to. I just used the soap from my wash mitt for lubrication and it seemed to work fine. Easy to see the results on a car that is parked under a tree haha.

UPDATE: So the entire reason I did the super cleaning is because I had a date to go on last weekend. On the way to the date I got trapped behind a salt brine truck on the interstate and this is what happened. It was everywhere, all over the windows and everything. Unlucky.
179405826b45360242bb431d7a2d572ed2b2e9d707149473741f77a64b1cc7f1.jpg
531967a13f942a2ba83a23879c4ef3a0cce3770adaec416ecdb534e05a810f15.jpg

Bummer. At least it should be easy to clean since your paint should be as smooth as glass.

does suck, but it really should wash off easily since you had clayed/waxed it

Back