weird mpg..? HELP

Yongee

Sooooo. Since I bought the car, I've been trying to see if I can reach the 28mpg mark driving like a grandma on any given street, but the problem lies when I leave the car off and get back in it. I would set it at around 27.6 mpg after 20 miles, next day get in and start my car it'll be at 24mpg.
Anyone else have this problem?
Is it a leaking fuel tank?
I checked the bottom of the garage before leaving, and there is no puddle or anything.
Lastly, until 2k miles, I was getting about 16mpg (drove like a madman) is that the reason why my mpg is so unstable?
PLEASE HELP KUDOS TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE!

It's averaging. When you start it up you are getting 0 mpg. Don't rely on the guage. When you go to the gas station divide miles driven by gallons in. The guages are an estimate and can be up to 10% off. If there is an instantaneous setting to view current mileage you can watch that fluctuate wildy to give you a better idea of what it's trying to do. You do not have a fuel leak over 3.6mpg difference in the display.

:yeahthat:

> Go to a pump that you will return to later.
> Fill up until it clicks off.
> Zero your trip meter.
> Drive until mostly emptied (below 1/4 tank)
> Return to exact same pump.
> Record gallons.
> Divide miles driven by gallons to fill tank.

:yeahthat:

> Go to a pump that you will return to later.
> Zero your trip meter.
> Drive until mostly emptied (below 1/4 tank)
> Return to exact same pump.
> Record gallons.
> Divide miles driven by gallons to fill tank.

I read this as if it was popping up on an old computer with a green crt monitor using text to speech software.

below the shift...

sVe367a.jpg

LOL. never seen that key before in my life. thanks for the update guys!

Back