What Exhaust to get for my R18? (Help me)

MattKolb

Seminole, FL
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Coupe
I have a 2012 Civic LX Coupe. I am trying to decide what kind of exhaust to get. I want to have a nice sounding car, but NOT something that sounds like a Rice burner. I don't want a 4+ inch exit either. Once again I don't know alot about it so I am asking for opinions. Thanks!

Afe Takeda axle back is a bit louder than 8th gen Si axleback. If you think Si exhaust is loud enough then go for it. I know it fit sedan. Can anyone confirm coupe fitting?

take a look at the exhaust link below my post for options

I have looked at the options but a lot of them say si. Can I use the si exhaust on the r18?

Yes, i recommend the Si exhaust, Looks so much better than the base model exhaust and it is an excellent tone. Yes they will fit also

I own the tsudo for my r18 and it is not ricey at all. Has a great deep tone and not a whiny one. The tip is large, but It dosent sound like a fart can. I still dont have a video of mine but other members have one like @JTan24 and a few others have the tsudo too. I know there are some R18 exhaust videos on here, I dont remember where though

It sounds great to be honest, nice and deep. there aren't many r18 catback exhaust for our 9th. Most of them are axle back. Unless you go custom :/

I have looked at the options but a lot of them say si. Can I use the si exhaust on the r18?

I tried si axle back before. They didn't fit for me, I dunno how others fit it. Most likely have to tweak a little bit. It wasn't a direct fit as the si piping is slightly bigger. Perhaps someone that did it could give you some info on it

I tried si axle back before. They didn't fit for me, I dunno how others fit it. Most likely have to tweak a little bit. It wasn't a direct fit as the si piping is slightly bigger. Perhaps someone that did it could give you some info on it
the 8th gen si one fit fine for me. the bolts dont fit PERFECTLY but this spring im just going to figure something out for new bolts. also you need to bend the hangers as it sits high.

Yes, i recommend the Si exhaust, Looks so much better than the base model exhaust and it is an excellent tone. Yes they will fit also

No. The si exhaust will not fit on the non si models. The full system definitely not and the axle back section will not work without serious modification.

The 8th gen si axle back will fir with some minimal adjustments as noted by nat3d.

I have the 8th gen hfp exhaust I like it a lot and sound great..highly recommended ..you just may have to bend the hangers a bit. But I just put heat tape

Back