What is 9th Civic Tail Of The Dragon?

tail of the dragon was an event started on 8thcivic for car owners to meet up and drive. It's located on the TN/NC border, and is regarded as one of the best public roads to drive/bike on due to all of the curves/elevation changes in 11 miles. There are 318 curves in that 11 mile stretch of road.

RideMePoster_2011.gif

anyone is open to go, and go for as long as they want. It's usually thurs-sun, but users go for whatever time period they can get off work etc. They'll be dinners, driving, cruises on the dragon, car talk, hanging out playing games etc.

The Tail of the Dragon is a stretch of road with 318 curves in 11 miles and is America's number one motorcycle and sports car road.

We will be meeting out there once a year typically mid September. Typically we hang out, go on "runs" (drive on the dragon), go for planned events/meals, and just enjoy each other's company/cars.

More information:
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

Also - Thanks for making this thread. I guess we tend to forget that there are a bunch of newcomers that may not have heard about this at all.
:wavey: Hope you can join us

I probably won't make it out this year unfortunately my job requires a lot of man hours invested in the job to make a living... Maybe next year :/

There are tons of straight aways just outside of Vegas with decent curves, nothing too sharp.

Back