What should I pay for a 2015 Si Sedan?

dirtybird222

'
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Looking at a few used sedans this week. Color is TW, all sedans.

One with 40,xxx on the clock is a CPO and dealer is asking $18500

One with 12,xxx on the clock asking $21,500

and another with 34,xxx asking $18,700

I'd obviously like to get the one with the lowest mileage but I also want to spend the least amount of money possible. CPO also has it's benefits. What do you guys think I should push for out the door on these?

If you go off of kbb.com pricing, you can pull all of their suggested dealer prices. All 3 are right in line, or slightly lower than what kbb has them valued at. They likely have around 16-17k in them from trade in based on what other users have reported here. A few users have traded theirs in and they were mostly offered around 16-17k in that same mileage range. Basically it boils down to how much a warranty matters to you. The cpo gets you 7yr/100k miles. One you listed will lose the warranty in like 1-2k miles, and one has like 24k left.

Another thing to think about is if the warranty is a big deal if you plan on modding the car a lot.

Thanks Webby. It's likely going to be a long term DD. The one with the lowest miles is in pretty good shape, the dealership it's at, I had a horrible experience so it's likely out. Nothing like being talked down too because you aren't buying an Infiniti. Going to look at the CPO tonight and the one with 34k tomorrow.

If the lower mileage one is out then the CPO is your best bet. Both are the same price and you have the CPO as a safety net.....

I hate hate hate dealerships. Went to actually purchase the CPO one today. Super clean, super nice, one owner car, even with the miles.

No respect. I'm a black and white kind of dude. I go in say lets look at the car, lets, drive it, then we talk. The salesman was on par it seemed like until we got to the check the car out part. He was in rush mode to get back to talking numbers. I felt pretty agitated at this point; but, whatever it was a clean car.

Working for a Honda dealership and a few years for the better part of a decade, I know the game, and I just want the process to be fast and simple. i asked what they had in it for trade, what they had in it to get it to CPO spec, so we could start the numbers game from there. They came at me with "we are in the car $21k even though we have it listed for $18,500, we are losing $2500 on this car no matter what. At that point i was walking out the door for basically thinking I woke up from under a cave yesterday. I fight numbers for a while until I get something OTD that I'm comfortable with. Being a CPO I wanted to finance through Honda Financial since they always have pretty decent rates, then refinancing through Navy Fed since they always give you a kickback for a refi. The finance guy flat out tells me I can only finance this car through the local credit union (obviously they get a nice kickback) and that HFS or using my own financing isn't an option. Oh and if I wanted it to be CPO I had to pay an extra $500 on top of everything else. I decided to just keep my bearing, said I had to use the restroom and walked out. Didn't even want to waste my time bitching to the GM at that point since he probably doesn't GAF in the first place if he's running a ship like that.

I just don't understand what's so hard about treating people like you want to be treated or with a general respect that this guy or girl is helping me put food on my table, I better be nice to them. I treat people how I like to be treated, I say please and thank you, yes/no sir/ma'am. back to square 1, luckily there are like 10 TW 14/15 Si Sedans for sale right now in my local area.

Contact the dealership through email and ask to talk to their internet sales manager. I've worked multiple deals that way without stepping foot in the door. It should be a better experience.

Ending up going with the low mileage one. They gave me what I paid for on my fit and threw a little more off with a mil discount. Getting rid of my S2K as well. Getting out of the car stuff for a while, doing one last Chump car race this year and sitting the Accord for a while. Concentrating time and money towards my kids and experiences for them, so I wanted a car that was still fun to drive and I have a ton of parts for it already that I never sold from my last one. Life is weird sometimes.

I just bought a '15 Civic EXL , 17,700 mi on it. Listed for $17,300 on the dealers lot, bought it for 17 even. Tried to sell me an after market ext warranty 3/36 for $1100, went online to Saccucci Honda got 3/80 for $620 - Hondacare product.

Back