Why I Bought A Honda Minivan That Cost About As Much As A New Porsche Cayenne

bootyluvr

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6
Jalopnik is smart with their titles... It got me to click and share it here. I was like who buys a Honda Minivan that costs as much as a Porsche Cayenne. Damn you Jalopnik! :mad:

It was a $75k Honda Odyssey AFTER they equipped it for his wife that is a wheel chair user due to an injury in 2001. $40k was the conversion.

cpkfgojwsaaxazgpcnoi.jpg

We knew this day would come, but we were hoping to squeeze another year or two out of our 2008 Sienna XLE. The van, however, had other plans. After a few clues that it was about to give up, the van expired. That put me on the journey to spend about $75,000 on a Honda Odyssey.

Source: https://jalopnik.com/here-is-why-i-bought-a-honda-minivan-that-cost-about-as-1845436707

Theres a guy who picks up donations from our warehouse who has a f-150 that is equipped for his needs (wheel chair bound). the whole passenger side of the truck lifts up (minus the side of the bed and the front fenders) Like a ferrari door. When I first saw it I was in awe. it lowers down if he needs it to and has a crane for his chair that folds out of the way when it's not in use. Dude picks up the donations by himself though I help load some if he asks. he paid way more then that for the truck. Is this something that's paid out of pocket or does ones insurance help with this?

Insurance can help with converting vans, or buying one that’s already been converted. There are companies all over that do nothing but convert vans and provide lifts, ramps, hand controls etc. You would think manufacturers that make the vans would offer ways to buy the vans somewhat stripped out so the companies could pay less for the vans up front. I know people who essentially had to buy a new van from a dealer, and then they had to hand it over to the specialty shop that customizes it for your specific needs. So if you had a child that was in a wheelchair, they would remove some of the back seating and make side ramps that lower with controls. Then they’d insert wheelchair tie downs and a place to secure the chair into the floor. It’s extremely expensive.

Back