Wing Spoiler on sedan

Spunjer

Vehicle Model
Sedan
Body Style
4dr
i noticed that the wing spoiler ordered from college hills honda comes with heavy duty springs. well i just ordered a similar type of spoiler (wing) at Carid and i notice it did not come with aftermarket springs. will the OEM springs in my trunk lid handle the aftermarket spoiler, or do i need to order aheavy duty spring to compensate for it?

Have you noticed that the OEM spring won't even lift the non wing trunk?
I'm tempted to get the spring upgrade, just for my stock trunk........:D

Depends on how much it bothers you to hold it up when accessing the trunk?

thanks webby. i haven't installed the spoiler yet, so i might still be able to change my mind and get the oem spoiler from college hill instead since it comes with the heavy duty spring/torsion bars, hence me asking the question

What I don't like, is when my hands are full and I hit the key button, the trunk doesn't go all the way up, and that leaves me trying not to drag items I'm holding on the paint in order to lift the lid up all the way.

thanks, Collegehills! can i order the heavy duty springs at your place? i don't see it in the catalog...

It helps to have a trunk spring tool. Without it you could find yourself in some physical pain if you make a mistake putting it in. I typically recommend to have a Honda tech install the springs. It will take them 5-10 minutes.

Back