What service do you have?

• Xfinity (Comcast)

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Verizon Fios

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Data Usage Overview - 126GB used this month (May 01 - May 31).

Maybe if you actually watched movies you would have...

Well.. I'm not a movie fan but I do watch movies here and there.

50334676_2246539702282278_624442696710225920_n.jpg

Last edited:
So my buddy posted that on Facebook yesterday which made me think of Comcast/Xfinity.... Anyways my bill had gone up again and after seeing the picture above I decided to call last night.

It was actually a pleasant conversation with the Customer Service Rep. The total time of the phone call was about 20 minutes but 8 minutes of that 20 minutes was talk about getting a better promotion (which she did do for me) the other time was just sweet talking her :giggle:

My bill was lowered $30/month and I have more channels now and faster (100 Mbps increase) internet. :woot:

My bill was lowered $30/month and I have more channels now and faster (100 Mbps increase) internet
Until 3 months from now when they decide you will now go back to paying the standard rate for these new services!!!! :cheerleader:

Got my bill down from $193/month to $133/month :woot:

* removed the DTA box in the bedroom and purchased a Roku. Installed the Xfinity Stream App and wife is happy
* Went to the Xfinity store on Monday and spoke to a rep whom gave me my same package but at a cheaper price. :woot:

Comcast to enforce 1.2TB data cap in entire 39-state territory in early 2021

Data cap comes to 12 more US states over four years after everyone else got it.

Comcast's 1.2TB monthly data cap is coming to 12 more states and the District of Columbia starting January 2021. The unpopular policy was already enforced in most of Comcast's 39-state US territory over the past few years, and the upcoming expansion will for the first time bring the cap to every market in Comcast's territory.

Comcast says cap is for “super users”

The Comcast spokesperson defended the data-cap expansion, saying that "a very small number of customers drive a disproportionately large volume of traffic," as "5 percent of residential customers make up more than 20 percent of our network usage."

About 95 percent of Comcast residential customers use less than 1.2TB a month, with the median customer at 308GB, the spokesperson said. The cap is "for those super users, a very small subset of our customers," and "for those super users we have unlimited options," the spokesperson said.

Source: https://arstechnica.com/information...es-nationwide-in-expansion-to-12-more-states/

/r/datahoarder members revolt.

1.2 terabytes is essentially 40 gigs/day usage.

According to Netflix, you use 1 GB of data per hour when you stream a standard definition (SD) video. High definition (HD) videos use 3 GB per hour. 4K Ultra HD streams use up to 7 GB per hour of video.

2hr movie in standard definition = 2 gigs
2hr movie in hd - 6 gigs
2hr movie in 4k - 14 gigs

before long you'll be paying for data consumption like cell phone data plan tiers

Back