XM Radio

rain91

Vehicle Model
fb6
Body Style
http://soundcloud.com/lazy_rain
For those of you who have it, it worth getting? Im pretty much valet service at a dealership and I get to drive the loaners from the lanes to the car wash and listen to some HQ radio for 15 seconds but i wanna know if its better than just pluggin a 1/8" to my phone and use pandora instead.

Well everyone's opinion may differ but I like my XM. It's up for renewal now and I'm renewing it so like it enough to pay for it. Depends I guess what you're into? I've never used Pandora so can't compare. Thinking of doing the XM select upgrade so I can get it on my iPhone and stream to Bluetooth headphones while at the gym cause I've done and gone through my 1500 song playlist repeatedly in the last 3 years so have it in my Si and also my mobile for gym, docking it at home on home stereo etc. Just research I guess? Good luck

Im assuming that id have to buy the device and cant get it installed internally unless i buy an aftermarket headunit, correct? I like the free aspect of pandora but i hate having to use up my data on my phone and all of a sudden when i "need" to use the internet then its slow as ****. how much are you paying and how much was was your device?

I subscribed for it as well, they have a very nice one year offer at the moment for 80 bucks or so. I like the convenience of it, I would have not payed full price for it but for 8 bucks a month, tax included it is not bad. I like the variety that it offers but if you stick to only certain favorites and playlists maybe it is not worth it. Pandora is not offered in Ca so that problem is solved :)

What model of car do you have? I have an Si with Nav so it came with it being XM ready. I know the guys with the non Nav model have to buy something from the dealer that goes on the windshield. As far as price, well that negotiable, from what I've heard if you threaten them to cancel they sometimes make you a deal, plus I want to upgrade and haven't called them yet so I'm not sure what ill be charged. I'm calling today or tomorrow.

I subscribed for it as well, they have a very nice one year offer at the moment for 80 bucks or so. I like the convenience of it, I would have not payed full price for it but for 8 bucks a month, tax included it is not bad. I like the variety that it offers but if you stick to only certain favorites and playlists maybe it is not worth it. Pandora is not offered in Ca so that problem is solved :)

So 80 is a current promo?? Good to know, yeah full price is 159.39 + 15.62 for royalty fee...that's for XM select but I want to upgrade to their All access package for mobile,tablet, and computer so I don't know how much that is?? I got a deal last year at renewal for 77 for a year cause I threatened to let it expire so not sure how to play this WHILE wanting to upgrade???

So 80 is a current promo?? Good to know, yeah full price is 159.39 + 15.62 for royalty fee...that's for XM select but I want to upgrade to their All access package for mobile,tablet, and computer so I don't know how much that is?? I got a deal last year at renewal for 77 for a year cause I threatened to let it expire so not sure how to play this WHILE wanting to upgrade???
I got an email from them with a promo code for the same 79 plus tax. The code seems to be targeted for my account but I am sure if people call and ask they can get the same offer. Truth is for 16 a month I would not have got it. Bought the Navi Si since it is the only trim available in Ca, not that I mind it, I actually enjoy it :)

I also payed the royalty fee as well, forgot to mention that.

I got an email from them with a promo code for the same 79 plus tax. The code seems to be targeted for my account but I am sure if people call and ask they can get the same offer. Truth is for 16 a month I would not have got it. Bought the Navi Si since it is the only trim available in Ca, not that I mind it, I actually enjoy it :)

I also payed the royalty fee as well, forgot to mention that.
When did you get the email? Sucks I haven't gotten an email, they just sent me current full enrollment price in the mail. Love to get upgrade and everything at or below original renewal price

Got the email on Nov 20, other people I know received a letter in the mail, all the codes seem to be unique per customer. The email mentions it as a introductory offer but I would call them never the less. If you're willing to cancel the service but not too adamant about I am sure they will make you the same offer. After all extending the offer to others is better than not getting any money at all.

Got the email on Nov 20, other people I know received a letter in the mail, all the codes seem to be unique per customer. The email mentions it as a introductory offer but I would call them never the less. If you're willing to cancel the service but not too adamant about I am sure they will make you the same offer. After all extending the offer to others is better than not getting any money at all.

True, very true...can't let them see my poker hand, lol

lol looks like its well worth it, ima give the 7 day free trial a go. thing is im not in my car THAT much. i do drive a lot but short trips, like my work is 5 minutes away from my house and my school is 15-20min drive and i dont go much elsewhere.

thanks for your input guys

lol looks like its well worth it, ima give the 7 day free trial a go. thing is im not in my car THAT much. i do drive a lot but short trips, like my work is 5 minutes away from my house and my school is 15-20min drive and i dont go much elsewhere.

thanks for your input guys

Ha ha your commute is a mirror image of mine, for work and school. Only place I go other than that is the gym and that's only 5 min away too

Well in the scheme of things may not be but adding it to my iPhone for an endless playlist at the gym, is priceless, you have no idea how bored I'am with current playlists I have and how a good playlist just gets you jacked, lol
Plus docking it at home and having it at home on my home stereo is cool too

Back