Your Thoughts on Eibach Only Upgrade.

Eibach springs I like, there sway bars not so much. I had a rear sway bar snap in half on me, and in doing that found out its hollow, so push too hard and it might break...

A solid bar is not necessarily going to be stronger than a hollow tube. I will not profess to know the science behind it because there are many variables involved. I will let the engineers chime in if they want.

A solid bar is not necessarily going to be stronger than a hollow tube. I will not profess to know the science behind it because there are many variables involved. I will let the engineers chime in if they want.

Reason why I said MIGHT.... I know there are a lot of variables I am just talking from personal experience that I have had.. I have had 2 hollow bars fail on me and 3 or 4 solid bars not fail on me, I just choose solid...

Sucks that you have had two break on you. Were you overly hard on them or just some spirited daily driving?

I would be curious about an explanation/comparison of the two types from those that know more about that type of stuff.

Sucks that you have had two break on you. Were you overly hard on them or just some spirited daily driving?

I would be curious about an explanation/comparison of the two types from those that know more about that type of stuff.

Yup mainly from autocross/spirited daily driving.

Both where from Eibach and I talked with the company and the first one was a flaw in the making of if it and the second time I got blamed for driving too hard on a product made for the street?!?!?!? Which baffled me....

The solid ones where made from Whiteline, custom made or a higher sportier model ( SI bar on my LX) and honestly they felt more connected than the hollow ones...

Hello. Anybody know if the Eibach Pro kit will need a rear camber kit for the R18? Being such a slight drop at .7", I was thinking it shouldn't need it and should align to specs. If I do get these springs, I will get camber bolts for the front to get a -1.5 camber.

Hello. Anybody know if the Eibach Pro kit will need a rear camber kit for the R18? Being such a slight drop at .7", I was thinking it shouldn't need it and should align to specs. If I do get these springs, I will get camber bolts for the front to get a -1.5 camber.

No rear camber needed. Here are the specs from Honda when I had my alignment done after the pro-kit settled. The Honda tech said rear are fine.

0951C27C-10D1-4A1B-9663-A06AB414694D-6284-000002E7808C098C.jpg

Back