2012 EX Sedan trade in for 2013 SI!?

TattooedJp75

Princeton, NC
Vehicle Model
12' Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I have been in contact my local Honda and apparently there aren't any '13 Si Sedans in the Dyno Blue with the navigation available within the entire state of California?!! They only have a black coupe w/o navigation. The second nearest has a Si Sedan in black w/o navigation, also.

I traded my 2011 civic lx coupe for a 2012 civic si coupe last year without nav. My smartphone works just fine for the rare occasion I need it. Isn't nav like 1500-2000 more on the sticker price? Save yourself some money for more important things like mods!

Oh yeah, your smartphone will also bluetooth to the stereo so you can hear the navigation through the speakers also, it works great. Fades in and out while your listening to music

Last edited:

mclovin_FG4

I have been in contact my local Honda and apparently there aren't any '13 Si Sedans in the Dyno Blue with the navigation available within the entire state of California?!! They only have a black coupe w/o navigation. The second nearest has a Si Sedan in black w/o navigation, also.
Did you get it all sorted out yet?

Brooksie365

Worcester, Ma
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
The 2.4 to the 1.8 aren't really comparable. I was 21 when I bought my si. The car was amazing. Great mileage and a lot of fun. The mods you do on the so will be much more noticeable with the tunes on the 2.4 than the 1.8. Don't get me wrong the 1.8 is a good car in different ways than the si. My dad always told me your fun with money ends for a little when you get married and have kids so do your damage now. I used that reasoning when I just bought my sti!

BigO

Any pros / cons with the trade? It's actually my first car and I thought I'd be happier. Not that theres anything wrong with the car I just want MORE !!! :turbospin:
I have a 13 SI and has an EX in 0s I traded an 07 Si because I received a 1.9 percent loan through Honda although my payment did go up 80 dollars a month it made my decision to trade my 07 SI for the 13, I had 120,000 miles on my 07 and the additional torque in the 13 made it more responsive at highway speeds. If you could get a low interest loan, I got my car in December, having a stick and more power makes a huge difference.

bilzfan

Johnson City, NY
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
My wife of thirty years wouldn't let me get the 1999-2000 Civic Si because it only came as a coupe. She insisted that we needed a sedan because we have two boys that were little then. She made me get a Civic EX Sedan.

In 2007 the Civic si sedan came out and I bought one with Navi. shortly, after that we bought our S2000. My wife loves driving the "S". I replaced her car with a 2011 CR-Z 6speed Navi that she now loves. So much for the whole needing a sedan :driving:. In December I bought myself a 2013 Dyno Blue Si sedan, that I traded a BMW 128i to get.

I guess I just really love Hondas. We have a 2008 Mazda5 for long trips, Yeah you read that right, we have four cars, three of them Hondas.

I love the Civic Si even though it isn't the quickest car out there. I'll never get a non-Si Civic again. :thumb: