2013 civic si sedan doesn't feel the same as before or better after injen cold air intake installed

Daniel212

Hey everyone that comes by and read this. I search on fourms but couldn't find anything related to the issue my brother is having. So yesterday i help my brother install the injen cold air intake, took about 1-2 hrs, everything seem fine at first when we got done. We felt the power and the car pull more( when my bro steps on it, we would be push to the seats, lol) then after a couple hrs later, the car felt weak, no pull, and it doesnt feel the same as before like it got weaker. My bro is thinking about returning it, but i said give it a week, it probably has to break it a bit. So please any suggestion on why its like that, i would really appreciate your help. :)

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
What Injen CAI is it? V1 or V2? The V1 has the filter sitting in front of the transmission. That means the filter is still sucking hot air from the engine. Which makes the CAI not really a CAI. The V2 relocates the battery so that the intake routes through the driver fender side.

The car will also need a tune. Installing an aftermarket intake w/o a tune will make the car behave the same (or worse).

Daniel212

What Injen CAI is it? V1 or V2? The V1 has the filter sitting in front of the transmission. That means the filter is still sucking hot air from the engine. Which makes the CAI not really a CAI. The V2 relocates the battery so that the intake routes through the driver fender side.

The car will also need a tune. Installing an aftermarket intake w/o a tune will make the car behave the same (or worse).
My mistake it says short ram but the air filter goes down, here's the link to where he bought it http://m.ebay.com/itm/221175996883?txnId=1374400259012

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
Please any suggestion anyone?

A few things:

What is your brother's goal? Power or sound? The only intake that has been proven to produce more power than stock is a PRL 3.5" CAI.

Without a tune, the engine will recalibrate itself after a bit of drive time. Most likely, this will result in a performance decrease.

Also, Injen essentially admitted to the design flaw of the V1 when they released the V2.