metal better then airbag.:dancing:

I think we're done here.

JAMES JANZEN

Ontario Canada
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic SI
Body Style
sedan
Been waiting patiently for my parts to arrive.

Today I prepared for the downpipe by removing the cowl, should have watched a how to because I cracked one of the corner pieces then realized I don't have an o2 sensor socket at home.
Also removed one camber bolt on each side in the front and maxed out both sides to give it some positive camber. Had it set to -1.5 all summer and it's just too much for stock wheels.

Can't wait to get my new shift knob, also saw a cool way to install the shift boot with the acutity shifter which I want to try out when the knob arrives.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Waiting for parts is the shittiest part about buying parts.

JAMES JANZEN

Ontario Canada
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic SI
Body Style
sedan
Waiting for parts is the shittiest part about buying parts.
well, i didnt realize the shop had to actually order the part before shipping to me, so they just got it on thursday but according to tracking it hasnt shipped yet. but really, it doesnt matter since the car is sitting in the garage till spring.

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
:stickpokesmiley::spinning::spazface:
I think we're done here.

Not yet, I would point out a airbag did nothing when a logging truck hit a solid metal ford interceptor-only thing that saved the driver was ford steel. Or long time ago my heavy chev ss impala broke a telephone in half and I walked away no seat belt either. Or when I flipped a taxi cab heavy chevy on its roof after I got stung by a bee-proven in a hospital-I got a ticket and beat it in court with medical proof-the stuck up cops in that extremely rich town were very angry-I left rather quickly LOL! These were the times judges were honest-no more of them in Maine maybe. I am appealing my speeding ticket due to unfair hearing. I like getting the last punch in

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
that's really neat does it fit both the stock shifter and acurity shifter? Is it weighted? How much is it.?

JAMES JANZEN

Ontario Canada
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic SI
Body Style
sedan
i tried for a 5 minutes and gave up, how the hell do you get the stock down pipe out of the car? it wont fit.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
What exactly are you having trouble with?
Did you remove the o2 sensor and disconnect the two pieces on the stock dp?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think he ended up getting it out.

JAMES JANZEN

Ontario Canada
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic SI
Body Style
sedan
so, got my downpipe and knob shipped on friday. supposed to be here tomorrow. also ordered my re tune and waiting on the revision. since im self isolated till the 27th i'll have lots of time on my hands. update when parts arrive.

JAMES JANZEN

Ontario Canada
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic SI
Body Style
sedan
went for a couple drives today after install. noticed some odd noises like exhaust leak on the first one. realized right away i forgot to tighten the upper nuts on the flange. waited for it to cool down and sure enough they were loose. tightened them and went again. noise is much less. experiencing the same hiss type noise most people tend to hear with this downpipe. to me it sounds normal for a header. can hear more ticks from the exhaust on start up and accel. Shifter feels great.

I need to do an alignment and top up the coolant so I can drive it again.

JAMES JANZEN

Ontario Canada
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic SI
Body Style
sedan
Little cold start with revision 1 of the new setup using MAF for the tune. Just uploaded revision 2 using map or speed density. Started it up after the new revision and didn't have any cold start issues but it had been running for a minute or two before so not sure if that made a difference.
I'll know when I go home tonight.

View: https://youtu.be/JZEReQT8E9A