9thcivic Tail of the Dragon 2013 ???

death_roll

Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
I wish I can go down for the spring, I moved further south, but no closer to the dragon.

I'll be ordering my tires come spring, Michelin PSS, honestly I don't really feel like modding further other than just small stuff. The car drives just fine and I don't feel like spending >$1,000 to make it handle only slightly better.

k757

CT
I wish I can go down for the spring, I moved further south, but no closer to the dragon.

I'll be ordering my tires come spring, Michelin PSS, honestly I don't really feel like modding further other than just small stuff. The car drives just fine and I don't feel like spending >$1,000 to make it handle only slightly better.
don't need $1k for better handling. Whiteline Front sway does wonders for auto-x. I don't know what drugs people on NASIOC take saying that the car is better with a rear sway, unless they consider going sideways around corners "cool". I'll likely need new Star Specs by the end of summer and will/maybe get Koni's before the auto-x season starts.

07TLX

Somewhere in SEPA
Vehicle Model
Pontiac
Body Style
G8 GT
Tires and brakes will be needed... I also need to figure out a transmission whine, think its the throw out bearing...

sonej4

Tires and brakes will be needed... I also need to figure out a transmission whine, think its the throw out bearing...
I need new tires, but just need to order them. I just received my rossos for the si. They were only 89 each for 225 45 17.

death_roll

Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
don't need $1k for better handling. Whiteline Front sway does wonders for auto-x. I don't know what drugs people on NASIOC take saying that the car is better with a rear sway, unless they consider going sideways around corners "cool". I'll likely need new Star Specs by the end of summer and will/maybe get Koni's before the auto-x season starts.

Just what I was thinking, in fact I just ordered Rallitek front endlinks. I was leaning towards the 24mm front bar on the soft setting because upgrading from a 21mm stock bar to a 22mm whiteline doesn't seem like much.

****! :ohnoes: does it do it with the clutch pushed in?

k757

CT
Just what I was thinking, in fact I just ordered Rallitek front endlinks. I was leaning towards the 24mm front bar on the soft setting because upgrading from a 21mm stock bar to a 22mm whiteline doesn't seem like much.
I have the Whiteline endlinks and they are hard core.

death_roll

Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
I have the Whiteline endlinks and they are hard core.

That's the rear bar, do you have front and rear whiteline bars? Or does that bump you up a class in autox?

I really don't like to use spherical endlinks for daily use, the ralliteks are pretty beefy and cheaper than kartboy.

death_roll

Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
Reading up on it, think its more than likely input shaft bearing. The noise disappears when I push the clutch in.

Yep, could be an internal problem.

Also check your clutch fork / slave cylinder. The contact point could be dirty and corroded and cause a noise when the clutch is released.

k757

CT
That's the rear bar, do you have front and rear whiteline bars? Or does that bump you up a class in autox?

I really don't like to use spherical endlinks for daily use, the ralliteks are pretty beefy and cheaper than kartboy.
Yep, it's the rear, but didn't have a pic of the front side-by-side pic.
I have the rear bar that I'll be selling as I don't use it; just sitting in the basement.
You can have either front or rear bar upgrade and still be "stock", I started with rear bar but didn't like it, so front works more for my driving style. Front & rear bars will bump you from the stock class.

death_roll

Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
Yep, it's the rear, but didn't have a pic of the front side-by-side pic.
I have the rear bar that I'll be selling as I don't use it; just sitting in the basement.
You can have either front or rear bar upgrade and still be "stock", I started with rear bar but didn't like it, so front works more for my driving style. Front & rear bars will bump you from the stock class.

So you have the WL 24mm front? I'll probably get that eventually & see how it does.

k757

CT
So you have the WL 24mm front? I'll probably get that eventually & see how it does.
yep. I have no complaints with it... and if it wasn't a good thing for my handling, I would know about it.... unlike a blue WRX owner we know that doesn't push his car. :giggle:

bootyluvr

Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6

How are those tires? I have a buddy selling a set.. But they are 245/40/17

KennyGS

How may I help?
Keystone State
I am wearing down my Nitto Invo tires now, which were very unreliable at the Dragon this past September. After researching, I am convinced that my next set will be the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. They look like they will be awesome this September when I go back to NC. :excited:

07TLX

Somewhere in SEPA
Vehicle Model
Pontiac
Body Style
G8 GT
I am wearing down my Nitto Invo tires now, which were very unreliable at the Dragon this past September. After researching, I am convinced that my next set will be the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. They look like they will be awesome this September when I go back to NC. :excited:

And make sure those trash can size brakes are in good shape and the cap for the transmission is secured tight