9thcivic Tail of The Dragon Meet September 13th-16th 2012

greg porter

Durham, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Either one. I just can't afford to go all out this year. College is expensive and I'm not workin anymore...bad combo

I'd like to come up Thursday night after class (get there around 9) but may end up Friday morning

greg porter

Durham, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Muffler delete?

On the Si? It doesn't make the car unbearable. Pretty loud but not too bad. I would wait till you get up there though, the highway drone would be maddening

I wanted to do it last year just to get some extra noise to compete with all the Subaru's

sonej4

On the Si? It doesn't make the car unbearable. Pretty loud but not too bad. I would wait till you get up there though, the highway drone would be maddening

I wanted to do it last year just to get some extra noise to compete with all the Subaru's
Prob will wait. I had the vibrant and the drone was bad. Just would like to hear the car while doing runs.

greg porter

Durham, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
It's 2 bolts and a bit of pulling. I put the muffler back on without even lifting the car up. I might do it just for fun. It's nice to hear the car, especially on night runs for me. I rarely look down at the tach if I'm really moving. I've had a few close calls from that (mostly with debris in the road or those damn boars last year)

sonej4

Just took it off and it isn't that bad. I just dont know if I feel up to putting it back on or just bringing it for the ride home.

greg porter

Durham, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Just took it off and it isn't that bad. I just dont know if I feel up to putting it back on or just bringing it for the ride home.

Well I can't help right now, but if you need help while I'm up there I'll be more than glad to help out.

Muffler deletes work very well on the WRX, just ask Keith and Natey :D

Keith's was pretty loud for just having an axleback exhaust if I remember correctly. I've heard one straightpiped Subaru in my life and that was enough for me. I'm not sure my eardrums could bear it again :barf:

sonej4

Well I can't help right now, but if you need help while I'm up there I'll be more than glad to help out.

Keith's was pretty loud for just having an axleback exhaust if I remember correctly. I've heard one straightpiped Subaru in my life and that was enough for me. I'm not sure my eardrums could bear it again :barf:
Appreciated and the drone is less than with the Gen 1 Vibrant.

greg porter

Durham, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I do...
Im planing to leave on Thur after work like 7-8pm
If u decide to leave on Thur lmk if its not too late to roll out!

I was planning to leave Thursday around 5 but I realized all my floor sleeping equipment is back in Durham. So I might end up going to Durham Thursday and driving up early on Friday. I'll have to wait and see. This weekend is going to be about as unplanned as I can handle :corngrin:

I'll be there on Wednesday night in a maroon new Legacy with CT plates .....yea me! On the plus side, my trip down and back is going to be many times more comfy :D

The new Legacy is a nice car. I spent many hours driving them while working at Performance. I don't wanna rain on your parade, but in case you didn't know...it isn't gonna be as fun on the dragon :hiding:

k757

CT
hahaha. I know it won't be the king of the road so I'll just try to hang with Nathan's LX. At least we can keep each other company until we reach the others at the turnaround

greg porter

Durham, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
You probably won't be too far behind me. I don't go nearly as fast as the leaders. I don't have confidence in my tires to brake that late :bricks:

k757

CT
The AWD of the Legacy will plant it some. Now the question is, will the CVT hold "my gear"? I suspect it will bump up to the next available ratio

....maybe I can steal someone's keys and take a run in a real car when they are looking :D

greg porter

Durham, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
It actually does a pretty good job of staying where you tell it. It does however have a mind of its own at some points