F-150 Raptor extreme jump

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
What did they expect would happen? They probably did no calculations on how high or how far the jump will be depending on the speed...

Dragos

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
4 Door Sedan
I see a real off road truck on the left of the image which I am sure can do the jump, trying the same in a stock car is either crazy or very crazy :)

On the other hand the airbags being deployed look pretty cool :)

Last edited:

07TLX

Somewhere in SEPA
Vehicle Model
Pontiac
Body Style
G8 GT
Seriously wonder what wasn't going thru there head.....

Lets take a truck made for the dunes and hi-speed running of the desert and jump it off a large dirt ramp onto a hard surface...

Intrepid

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si HFP
i saw another video of the same jump and in that one they said he was supposed to hit it at 35 and hit it more like 70

hey_mikey

Concord, NC
Vehicle Model
Accord Sport
Body Style
Sedan
I see a real off road truck on the left of the image which I am sure can do the jump, trying the same in a stock car is either crazy or very crazy :)

On the other hand the airbags being deployed look pretty cool :)
although that truck is technically pretty close to stock, the Raptor isn't your normal F-150. the long-travel suspension in that truck is closer to what you'd find a desert race truck than Ford's regular pickups. it's a great truck for high-speed off-road running (think baja 1000), but i still wouldn't be attempting jumps like that in it.

Dragos

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
4 Door Sedan
Dang, bunch of party poopers in here. Am I the only one that now wants to do this lol :D
I would like to as well, just not with my car ;) I always like those insane off road truck with those huge suspensions, but that is one sport extremely hard on the cars. Still a ton of fun :)

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
although that truck is technically pretty close to stock, the Raptor isn't your normal F-150. the long-travel suspension in that truck is closer to what you'd find a desert race truck than Ford's regular pickups. it's a great truck for high-speed off-road running (think baja 1000), but i still wouldn't be attempting jumps like that in it.

Top Gear America had a nice "review" of it. Foust was hauling arse through an off-road section going close to 100mph.

Bulkybear

I would like to as well, just not with my car ;) I always like those insane off road truck with those huge suspensions, but that is one sport extremely hard on the cars. Still a ton of fun :)
Well yeah, I would never do that with my own vehicle lol.

hey_mikey

Concord, NC
Vehicle Model
Accord Sport
Body Style
Sedan
Well yeah, I would never do that with my own vehicle lol.
Haha. I've taken jumps in my Tacoma back in Hawaii, but nothing like that. When it's your own money you're dealing with, you're usually a little more careful.

Bulkybear

Haha. I've taken jumps in my Tacoma back in Hawaii, but nothing like that. When it's your own money you're dealing with, you're usually a little more careful.
I had to put my company vehicle in the shops today. Right now I have a 2013 F150 that the fleet company is paying for ;)