Handling question

Jonathong

Delano, California
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
I have a 2013 civic si sedan and after going through that red shift website I really want to upgrade my suspension now. I already have lowering springs but now I'm considering the sway bars and on the site it says its recommended that you'll only need the rears, is it a noticeable difference? I'm all up for upping the suspension on the si before I do anything to the motor.

silversilvia

I have a 2013 civic si sedan and after going through that red shift website I really want to upgrade my suspension now. I already have lowering springs but now I'm considering the sway bars and on the site it says its recommended that you'll only need the rears, is it a noticeable difference? I'm all up for upping the suspension on the si before I do anything to the motor.

Yes. Noticeable and best bang for your buck. Helps with the understeer

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe FG3:ASM
Tip: To find the perfect air pressure for any car.

Buy some chalk, find a big empty and level parking lot. Draw a line from side to side on one tyre, drive a straight line, and check the chalk line.(After finding the correct pressure, now check all the tyres).
The line should wear off even across the tyre. Example: Wear in the middle, over inflated. Wear on outside edge, under inflated.

Now that you have the proper pressure, over inflating for racing, or whatever, you have a good starting point.
Using under inflated for snow/ice, or whatever is another extreme.

This varies with how much junk you carry; S.O., or trunk .......... :D

Last edited:

Jonathong

Delano, California
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Also I heard that the 13 si's have already upgraded sway bars from the previous years? If that's true than if I upgrade my rear I'm looking at 21mm for the front and 22mm in the rear.

FB2Chris

Also I heard that the 13 si's have already upgraded sway bars from the previous years? If that's true than if I upgrade my rear I'm looking at 21mm for the front and 22mm in the rear.

Yeah the 2013 Si has larger sway bars than the 2012.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Yeah, the non-si have a smaller rear sway than the Si so the unsettled feeling is more pronounced.