Help a Rookie out! (FLASHPRO assistance)

Mikeorock

queens, ny
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
coupe
Well, you are definitely going to benefit from a tune and dyno. With my pretty much stock setup, vittuning should serve my purposes just fine.
Oh and no.. I threw the dyno tune away.. It was no good.. Everything is in vits hands

PRGR19

Sac
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
sedan
That's all relative since you have parts that can take a beating! Haha

Dahws

Sorry to hijack this thread but it seems your in pretty similar steps as I am. I'm thinking if doing just a drop in filter with a exhaust... Question is, can I run with that set up for a little without buying a tune right away or should I do everything at once?

Also, do you guys think I should do dp and exhaust or just exhaust? Trying to figure out what's better?

I think that's all the mods I'm interested in doing tbh!

Curious to hear your opinions!!

Thanks guys[emoji5]

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
Sorry to hijack this thread but it seems your in pretty similar steps as I am. I'm thinking if doing just a drop in filter with a exhaust... Question is, can I run with that set up for a little without buying a tune right away or should I do everything at once?

Also, do you guys think I should do dp and exhaust or just exhaust? Trying to figure out what's better?

I think that's all the mods I'm interested in doing tbh!

Curious to hear your opinions!!

Thanks guys[emoji5]

The downpipe is absolutely the biggest bang for your buck power/performance mod. If you can manage, do the dp/exhaust and tune all at once. You will not regret it.

You will be fine with just an exhaust and K&N drop-in until you do the downpipe.

Dahws

Ok. If I do the dp and exhaust along with the drop in now and not tune would it be harmful?

Dahws

Not advisable to run a dp without a tune. The car will run like garbage.

Ok thanks. I think I saw thread here about the different types of dp and exhaust and pick the one I like... It had videos and different sounds as well.

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe

Mikeorock

queens, ny
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
coupe
Ok. If I do the dp and exhaust along with the drop in now and not tune would it be harmful?
Just my input.. At one point I had an injen cold air intake, skunk 2 "header" and invidia q300 exhaust on mine aldrove around without a tune for a while.. I didnt know any better... But the car drove fine.. It was definetly louder and no problems

Mikeorock

queens, ny
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
coupe
Just my input.. At one point I had an injen cold air intake, skunk 2 "header" and invidia q300 exhaust on mine aldrove around without a tune for a while.. I didnt know any better... But the car drove fine.. It was definetly louder and no problems
That was over a year ago.. So hopefully nothing gets damaged down the line... But if i was you i would do the tune..that is the most important mod that you are talking about.. Dont be a dumb *** like me

Mikeorock

queens, ny
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
coupe
By the way.. All those parts i still have.. If interested, i will follow the rules on this site an post them

Dahws

What if I just want the exhaust I don't think that would be harmful right? Nothing else!

What do y'all think?

Kevv_Si

Indianapolis
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
FB6
What if I just want the exhaust I don't think that would be harmful right? Nothing else!

What do y'all think?
No , you can deffinately install exhaust right now without harming but obviously you won't feel any real gains without a tune.

Dennis Rockholt

9k Alll Day
Franklin, TN
Vehicle Model
370Z Fairlady aka "Nismo"
Body Style
Coupe
I have the full race dp with invidia and am on the 24th map with vit....all I can say is when I drive a stock si there is no comparison

Dennis Rockholt

9k Alll Day
Franklin, TN
Vehicle Model
Body Style
Coupe

What do y'all think?
I had my cat back on for about 6 months before I bought the dp and flashpro. so just catback and you wont notice a difference other than sound obviously...but if possible like @squiggy said just do the exhaust all at once. It is sort of a pain to go back in, detach the catback, put new gaskets in, and install the dp later on.

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
I had my cat back on for about 6 months before I bought the dp and flashpro. so just catback and you wont notice a difference other than sound obviously...but if possible like @squiggy said just do the exhaust all at once. It is sort of a pain to go back in, detach the catback, put new gaskets in, and install the dp later on.

I am dreading having to take the dp off when I manage to install a turbo. If I hadn't done the dp/exhaust at the same time the bolts would have sucked.

Dennis Rockholt

9k Alll Day
Franklin, TN
Vehicle Model
Body Style
Coupe
I am dreading having to take the dp off when I manage to install a turbo. If I hadn't done the dp/exhaust at the same time the bolts would have sucked.

Oh yeah it was terrible man...but I may be going SC in the spring, so we shall both feel the pain