Dallas, Texas
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Coupe
@bootyluvr @Gitrdone42 Thanks!!

Alright! Time for the usual tips.

So, things that you'll need to know if you wanna do this--

#1 Have a friend, or in my case, your dad help hold the original hood while it's being removed. It's not heavy and can be carried by one person, but in its raised position is really awkward to hold and will fall back if not supported correctly.

#2 The Seibon hood has a vaguely cast fiberglass underbelly that will require some drilling if you want to reuse your heat shielding.

Things you retain -- The spot for where your rubber stoppers hit, Your hood prop hole, and the hooks for your shielding.
Things you don't retain -- Some thickness, and most holes for clips.

#3 The hood does not sit 100% flush like before. It has a slight upward curve to it. It also will not seal to the cowl without some extra modification, like cutting some rubber tubing.

How'd the install go? About as well you'd expect.

/greentext

be me, 29 year old sentient twig-man
have parent that is helping you out of concern for safety
have revoked power tool license after attempting to melt a hole in a sega genesis to extract a board part while you thought dad was asleep
Realize there's drilling involved
clench cheeks each time a hole is drilled, thinking each time a hole was pierced in the hood
20 minutes later, shielding is on
Swap hoods
Get to see how bad the other hood had gotten
wax old hood and put in time-capsule storage shed
unlatch and relatch hood ad inifnitum until fitment is workable
mom comes out
says car is cute
points out scratches on fenders now that hood is new
puts oily palm on new hood
whytho.jpg

Is this hard to install otherwise? No. It's four bolts held on by some Honda epoxy that you have to pry out.
Oh, and the weight of the hood doesn't close it by itself anymore. So no drop-closes. You gotta press it down now.

Honda-Fan

Dallas, Texas
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Coupe
So on last Tuesday I had my Aerocatch hood pins installed at Kustomz Unlimited over in Garland, which I was referred to by high-on-the-hog Tuning Shop Jotech. The owner, who goes by 'K', was really nice and knowledgeable -- he even knew me and my Dad's friend Raul, who sold me my first set of wheels on my Accord.

PXL_20201104_023059888.jpg PXL_20201104_023105120.jpg

So for those of you who have seen the Aerocatch install on Youtube, you know that you have to cut big mounting holes underneath your hood to fit the bracket in. When you've done this as many times as K has, you can get away with cutting these beautiful half moon shapes instead:

PXL_20201107_172136991.MP.jpg

Overall, 5 outta 5 experience!

I also changed my ATF yesterday, and man-- it was really bad. ATF is usually red going in, but I had never actually changed mine since I got the car. I bet that it was never changed despite what the dealer said. Long story short, the fluid came out black tinged with blue. It smelled like an actual corpse. After changing it out with some fresh fluid, my car runs noticeably better, and doesn't jerk around between gears anymore. All this time I thought it was my exhaust doing it, but it was my super dirty transmission fluid!

So yeah, change your fluids! xD

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Noice