Installing eibach sportline

Bulkybear

Got my springs today, noticed they came with new bump stops and crush sleeves. What are the crush sleeves for. And are the new bump stops different than stock? Sorry for the noob questions, I was just expecting a box of springs and got some extra parts lol.

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
Doesn't say in the instructions? lol

Your prob going to want to use the new bump stops since their prob a bit shorter than stock. I've never dealt with new crush washers but I'm guessing they would go on the front to replace the stock ones when you go to put everything back together.

Last edited:

Bulkybear

Got it. No I haven't read the instructions yet. Just figured I'd ask lol

Michal006

PA
Vehicle Model
Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 6MT
Body Style
Access Cab
I have the same springs laying around in my garage. You will get almost 2" drop with these springs after they are settled.

Bulkybear

So let me ask this. Is it normal for road noise and transmission noise to be louder the lower you are. I'm assuming yes since you're obviously closer to the ground.

13blacksedan

Ty! I think that's plenty for a dd, measured a friends with less than 4 in his teg and he scraped in my driveway....

Bulkybear

No camber arms. Haven't gotten a alignment. Most people say about - 2 degrees of camber in the rear. Front doesn't camber with compression. It doesn't look like it has too much more camber than stock tbh

13blacksedan

Word! I'm just worried about killing tires without the camber arms cause I drive about 80 miles a day..... But I think I might still save for the whole package or until someone sells a nice set

Bulkybear

A little camber won't wear your tires that badly. As long as your toe is set to 0. By the time the inside is bald the outside will need to be replaced anyways. Just rotate your tires more often

Bulkybear

So far everything is going great. Front springs are a bit noisy so hopefully that goes away with time. Also anyone have any input on the increased road noise?

KayserSoeze

Nice car!!!
I have the same springs installed on my sedan. Have you gotten an alignment already? If you did, How did it turn out? Were you able to align it back to factory specs?

Cheers,
Kayser

Bulkybear

I haven't gotten one yet. Everything should align fine except for the rear camber. That's probably going to be probably around -2 degrees. Not bad enough that I'm to worried tbh.