Lateral Movement

iShift_6

Sitting in Traffic
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Do any of the short throw assemblies reduce the lateral movement in addition to the fore-aft movement?

I emailed TWM and they claim theirs does, but after studying some photos I fail to see how that's possible.
It looks like the Buddy Club one might, as it's a completely new assembly.
Where they could have increased the location of the "plastic pin" that the cable attaches to.

Any info from you guys would be appreciated.

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
The cable bushing and base bushing upgrade will definitely make the lateral movement feel much more firm.

The MTEC shifter spring (Sport or Race) will also give a more precise lateral movement in comparison to the stock. It's also a good low budget mod. Here's a thread about the MTEC shifter springs.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/mtec-industries-shift-springs.7486/

iShift_6

Sitting in Traffic
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Good stuff. Thanks

Not sure how I feel about dismantling the shifter assembly.
I swapped internals once before on my DC5 but didn't dismantle
that assembly. Not so sure about that one...

I was actually thinking something more like this.

http://k-tuned.3dcartstores.com/BILLET-SHIFTER-ARM_p_211.html

Looking at the "arm" of the stock one and Buddy Club one, it looks like they are the same.
But it's really impossible to tell from a photo. If the Buddy Club one doesn't change it,
maybe I'll try to fabricate one on my own. :confused:

kb91hatch

I have the Buddy club, my buddy also has a 9th and was having a tough time with 5th when driving my car due to the shortened lat distance. To me it felt shorter but not that dramatic. I throughly enjoy my shifter, I also used the hybrid base bushings

iShift_6

Sitting in Traffic
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I have the Buddy club, my buddy also has a 9th and was having a tough time with 5th when driving my car due to the shortened lat distance. To me it felt shorter but not that dramatic. I throughly enjoy my shifter, I also used the hybrid base bushings

Great info.

That's the exact setup I'm thinking about.

Thanks for the reply!